ELLDIS SHAMAL CT GTX

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

Has anybody out there got or had an elldis shamal. Im going to spain in 9 weeks and i need to know the correct tyre pressure its an 88 model 810kgs. Someone has put a stiker on the wet locker door saying 35 psi. Is this right all my other vans have been higher. Any help will be geatfully recieved. Richard W

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, it seems about right for the weight of the caravan and the age. Check the tyre it should give the load rating of the tyre, in your case in the region of 500Kg, and the maximum pressure, which will give you an indication.

All the caravans I have had have had pressures of 35 psi until I bought a 2000 1350kg van which has commercial vehicle tyres and pressure is 54psi.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray /Dave

Thanks for the replys i feel alot happier now. Looking forward to spain 8 weeks today and counting Cheers Richard W

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard,

I don't know what part of Spain you are visiting, but to keep abreast of the Costa Blanca, log onto www.costablanca-news.com

It's an English speaking paper and it can give lots of info about what's going on over there. In Spain you can buy the paper from any newstand.

Good luck with your Elddis. I've just bought an Elddis Shamal 1995 model. I'm only new to the hobby and maybe in time I might get my wife to agree to make that journey. Just be careful of some of the scams that Eastern Europeans use to rob British visitors in Spain.

They will follow behind, pull alongside you and gesture that you have something wrong with your tyres. When you stop to investigate they distract you and will steal from inside your car. I'm not trying to scare you, but just want to make you aware of what can happen.

The letters column in the C/B News often carries letters about that problem.

Enjoy your holiday and good luck with the van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony

We are going to the bay of rose. We are going with my brothers family so we will have two outfits and we will look out for each other. Thanks for the web page ill give it a look shortly. Seven weeks today and counting. HAPPY CARAVANING... Richard W

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts