Elsan Organic

May 26, 2008
Visit site
We have recently stayed at a CL which did not have a proper chemical disposal facility, (which it should have,) however the owner stated this was because the house and loos for visitors discharged into a septic tank. He therefore prohibits the use of the usual toilet treatment fluids and provides flasks of disinfectant water as a substitute. Not very satisfactory! Has anyone experience of Elsan Organic, is it all it claims and would this product serve the purpose on this site? Any advice appreciated. JohnW

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
We have recently tried the Elsan Organic. It does what it says on the tin however, we only use our loo for night time 'number ones' so cant comment on its efficacy if your loo is used for more than that.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
We have recently tried the Elsan Organic. It does what it says on the tin however, we only use our loo for night time 'number ones' so cant comment on its efficacy if your loo is used for more than that.
Forgot to add, I dont know about its use in septic tanks.

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
If you only use your toillet for "number ones" why bother using Elsan or any other toilet additive in the collection tank.

We only put the scented stuff in the top tank and thats all.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Elsan organic is what we use all the time for every thing, 1 to "n"s

We are away at the moment on an extended stay and find it works as well as any other product. Some sites say no blue chemicals as traditionally these use formaldihide, Elsan organic doesn't but is blue.

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I used Elsan Organic as I liked the idea of just having one bottle. It worked fine most of the year but we found in the warmer weather it was not so good and the smell was not hidden. I started adding more of the stuff and then decided it was costing too much so have gone back to the Pink & Blue now. We use our toilet for everything.

I have also come across this issue at a CL, but as we were only staying for a weekend it was not an issue and we emptied our toilet when we returned home.

David

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if the degrading properties of these toilet chemicals fades once the bottle has been opened?

It does not say anything on the label but I've found things are not breaking down as well as they did when we first started using the bottle near the end of last year. Its the Thetford green stuff we have been using. Thought it might be something which goes off over time.

Sarah647

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts