Emmerdale country

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
The Mrs. wants to visit Emmerdale, the T.V. soap place. Apparently they do studio tours. Was thinking about the Boroughbridge site as it is relatively close. Any more suggestions? I wont be going until next Easter or after.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Boroughbridge is 6m NE of Knaresborough and about 9 miles from Harrogate. From HG you have a 5 mile run to Harewood where the 'village' was built.
C&CC Boroughbridge is OK but can flood when excessively wet, and is within the noise boundary of the A1(M). There is a CMC site at Scotton on the NW edge of Knaresborough which I am told is quite good and has catering.
There is a CL on Forest Moor Road on the south side of Knaresborough, and there is a private site on the Yorkshire Showground - the site was formerly the CC site for Harrogate.
I have never stayed at any of them as I live in Harrogate!!

Reactions: borderbilly

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Never watched Emmerdale so not sure of the geography. But if ‘not far from Harrogate’ works then look at Pool Bank CL. A favourite of mine and DDs.
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/west-yorkshire/otley/pool-bank-farm/
Pub in walking distance but down and back up a very steep hill, but there is a bus.
Have also stayed at Harrogate Caravan site. Also very nice. Can walk into Harrogate, and there is a nice farm shop and cafe next door. Short walk across the field to a pub.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Rt drive frNever watched Emmerdale so not sure of the geography. But if ‘not far from Harrogate’ works then look at Pool Bank CL. A favourite of mine and DDs.
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/west-yorkshire/otley/pool-bank-farm/
Pub in walking distance but down and back up a very steep hill, but there is a bus.
Have also stayed at Harrogate Caravan site. Also very nice. Can walk into Harrogate, and there is a nice farm shop and cafe next door. Short walk across the field to a pub.
Mel
Excellent call Mel.
Emmerdale is filmed at Harewood House. A short drive from Pool Bank Farm.

Reactions: Mel
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Excellent call Mel.
Emmerdale is filmed at Harewood House. A short drive from Pool Bank Farm.
Well, er....
Pool Bank Farm is a very steep access off the A658 Bradford-Harrogate road, and under part of the flightpath of LBA.
The set is built on a lot on the Harewood estate. Harewood (pronounced hair in the north, not harr like they do darn sarf) is on the A61 between Leeds and Harrogate. Your best route from PBF is down the hill, right at the island by the White Hart, and follow the A659 until it meets the A61 near Harewood Bridge. Bear right, up Harewood Bank, and turn right into the house entry at the traffic lights. About 6 miles or 15-20 minutes drive.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Indeed they do, so....
From PBF go up the hill to the traffic lights and turn left on A661 towards Leeds. At the island with the A6120 ring road go straight across and turn into the entrance 150yds on the left.
Anyone else going there should not that the only entrance to the hotel directly off the ring road is to traffic travelling anti-clockwise (i.e. at this point westbound) round the ring road whence the entrance is about 140yds before the island.
If travelling from Harrogate or Knaresborough follow the A61 to the A6120 Leeds ring road and turn right, then follow as above.
From Boroughbridge take the A1(M) southbound, exit at J45 turning right, straight on at the next island, then at the junc with the A58 Wetherby-Leeds turn left towards Leeds. Eventually get to the A6120 turn right and follow again as above.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Moor Park is mainly lodges but has a few central caravan pitches and an excellent toilet block - we stayed there to visit friends in Leeds, but notes as handy for Harewood and Emmerdale Farm Village. Just opposite is Glenfield CP which used to be owned by the same family I think, clearly visible on Google Maps and Street View if you want to check it out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts