End bedroom caravans

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
hi all, we are thinking about finally taking the plunge and buying our first caravan. We have 2 young children (3 and 9 months) one of which is a very light sleeper so we where thinking a van with an end bedroom to put her in behind the door would be better for us?

Problem is that im having to look through loads of van ads just to find end bedrooms.

Can anyone give me an idea of make and models with end beds please?

PS Will be towed by Jaguar X type 2.0d, 1500kg tow weight

Thanks Chris

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
You need to filter your searches to 5 berth to get a proper end bedroom with a sliding wooden door. Most 4 berth are either fixed beds or have side dinettes or 2 bunks across the back with curtains.

I tow with an X-type estate - they make fantastic tow cars.

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I see, that would prob be why i cant find many! Thanks for the tip.

Also the Jag comment is handy as i have not bought the car yet, we are selling the wifes Qashqai to fund the caravan and a more suitable tow car (qashqai only has 1200kg tow weight), the x types (estate for us) seem to be a bargain so that are what we are going for.

Thanks Chris

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Compass or Elddis, creme de la creme! dont settle for 2nd best! : Great! People always tried to put us off the fixed bed saying you dont have as much room, true but is great not having to put all beds back to seats. Best thing I have!

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
in your price range you may find it difficult. I am on fixed bed van number 2 , 1st was a Lexon EB which had a side rear bed, solid sliding door and front could be made in to a double. With that you could put the kids to bed and use the front double for yourselves. Only thing is that the toilet is beside the fixed double so to avoid disturbing the kids you would have to use the sites facilities. Current van is a Lunar delta 640 similair layout but t/a and larger toilet.

One van which might suit you is the early Lunar Lexon, whilst not fixed bed, the front converted to a double bed and had a solid sliding partition. To the rear the dinning area converted to a double and the kitchen and toilet was at the rear. With this layout you could put the kids to bed and then relax in the rear of the van with full access to all facilities.

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
A Swift Challenger 490 would be ideal for you. Challengers are the industries bench mark and are well sought after second hand.You would not have a problem reselling and parts and trim etc are easily available from many outlets. However with any van that is used look out for signs of damp at the joints and make sure you don't get one that has been flood damaged in the past.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
just a quick couple of issues, okay if you're not going to move them again when you want to go to bed the twin dinette 5 berth would possibly be better than a fixed end bed to not have to shunt around and possibly easier to find in budget, and also unless you are going to pay over the odds and go on sites with facilities I would recommend you look carefully at the bathroom sizes on offer to make sure you can fit a child and parent in at the same time, makes nappy changing, showers and teeth much easier if you have plenty of room to move around with them in the bathroom.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
A Swift Challenger 490 would be ideal for you. Challengers are the industries bench mark and are well sought after second hand.You would not have a problem reselling and parts and trim etc are easily available from many outlets. However with any van that is used look out for signs of damp at the joints and make sure you don't get one that has been flood damaged in the past.
I have a Swift Challenger 490 with end bedroom paid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts