Engine re-mapping

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

After many many years caravanning, my partner and I have come over to the other side and are now the happy owners of a 2009 Autotrail Apache 632 Low line, base vehicle Fiat Ducato 35 Light (130 bhp) and we are looking forward to many years travelling with it. Initial indications are that on a calm day it is returning around 25mpg cruising at a steady 60mph, which is comparable to when I was caravan towing. However, in these days of ever spiralling fuel costs I have recently started researching engine control re-mapping and in particular does it give around the 15% fuel savings certain companies claim?

Grateful for your thoughts and experiences both good and bad.

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
You can get better consumption by turning on the instant consumption readout and then feather the throttle. You will be pleasantly surprised. Ive started doing this and get an average 31 MPG.
Be careful with re-mapping as it's usually done to get more BHP and speed and that can mean using more fuel.
If it's done for more torque at lower rev's then you may be able to feather the throttle at lower rev's and get better MPG.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I had my Rapido 9048df remapped at Peterboro' last year and have been pleased with the result. My fuel figures have improved from 26 mpg to 30mpg. There is an improvement when hill climbing, and greater acceleration should I need it. Mostly though I have kept to my usual driving habits and cruise at 60/65mph, accelerating gently. I checked with my insurance company before having it done and they were happy for a 30% increase in bhp before incurring extra cost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts