English Heritage windscreen stickers

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our EH windscreen sticker went when we changed cars. Have received a replacement today but just looking at it I’m not sure whether it’s fix and forget or if you can remove it to another car. We visit Avebury and Stonehenge and don’t take one specific car. Do the stickers come off easily or do they self destruct if you try and remove it.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
They are no "stickers" as there is no adhesive used. Just moisten them slightly, apply to the windscreen and squeegee the moisture out to the side. (They can be peeled off and reapplied)

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I fitted my EH sticker a few months ago and from memory, it would peel off and transfer - but not too many times. I also belong to NT(Scot) and they give you two stickers. Maybe if you ask English Heritage, they will send you a spare.:confused_old::confused_old:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Don't belong to EH but do belong to National Trust Scotland and since I don't like stickers on windows I laminated the sticker and then just place it on the dashboard.
NT England are now using pay and display parking by use of your membership card. But also retaining stickers for now as member feedback likes them.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I fitted my EH sticker a few months ago and from memory, it would peel off and transfer - but not too many times. I also belong to NT(Scot) and they give you two stickers. Maybe if you ask English Heritage, they will send you a spare.:confused_old::confused_old:
They were supposed to send two, but in fact only one arrived. Inefficiencies around us are endemic. ☹️

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
NT England are now using pay and display parking by use of your membership card. But also retaining stickers for now as member feedback likes them.
I never figured out how to use the Pay & Display to gain the NT Scotland reciprocal benefit - so just put the NT Scotland card on the dash.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I never figured out how to use the Pay & Display to gain the NT Scotland reciprocal benefit
I don't think NT England pay&display car park machines recognize Scottish cards. I've found the same thing. One of my daughters is usually with me and she's mentioned it at reception. The reply has always been the same, "Dont worry about it - if you have the sticker in the window"

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
They are no "stickers" as there is no adhesive used. Just moisten them slightly, apply to the windscreen and squeegee the moisture out to the side. (They can be peeled off and reapplied)
The sticker I received does have adhesive on it, so I suspect overtime it will probably set and then damage if I remove it. So it’s going onto the lid of an old dvd case so I can easily switch it between cars and just put it onto the dashboard for display.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
When I changed cars I sent for a window sticker. But it is of the type easily removed and replaced.

IMG_1419.jpeg

Some years ago I ordered a CritAir sticker.

I don't know what is on them, but it melted into the windscreen instantly. I got it placed slightly wrong but could not move it. Beware anyone getting one.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When I changed cars I sent for a window sticker. But it is of the type easily removed and replaced.

View attachment 5479

Some years ago I ordered a CritAir sticker.

I don't know what is on them, but it melted into the windscreen instantly. I got it placed slightly wrong but could not move it. Beware anyone getting one.

John
I got the same result with a vignette going from Germany to Czech Republic. It seems to be “pulled” towards the screen and I just needed to adjust its position. Result a seriously damaged vignette. So had to buy another.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I got the same result with a vignette going from Germany to Czech Republic. It seems to be “pulled” towards the screen and I just needed to adjust its position. Result a seriously damaged vignette. So had to buy another.
I really think that the CritAir one would have damaged the windscreen if removed.
A bit OTT

I left it for the new owners to worry about.

I put the English Heritage sticker in the windscreen as the new car has darkened rear windows and it was very difficult to see it through them.

John

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The sticker I received does have adhesive on it, so I suspect overtime it will probably set and then damage if I remove it. So it’s going onto the lid of an old dvd case so I can easily switch it between cars and just put it onto the dashboard for display.
At my age, it is remembering to put it in the car that we are going to use. Number of times we left the BB in the car we weren't using and only discovering that when we arrive at the parking in the other car. :ROFLMAO:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts