Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are going to cabo pino on the costa del sol in July..1421mls door to door,has anyone ever done this trip and if so how long did it take to get there from calais.We arrive at Calais 26 July at approx 8am, is 2 days going to be enough to get there as we are towing a caravan and will have 3 young kids with us.?

Look forward to your replies soon

Cheers

Stuart

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I've towed this route in January every year for the past twelve years and I find the best route goes via Rouen, Chartres, Bordeaux, Biaritz, Burgos, and Madrid. I would suggest that with your family, you are looking at nearer four days for the journey. Even then, you'll be covering more than 300 miles per day. Having said that, I always leave Calais at 7.30am on Wednesday, and arrive near Malaga at lunch time on Friday. But then I'm travelling alone and can drive and sleep when I want to. I think you need to recalculate your schedule. OR perhaps reconsider your destination. In July the temperatures on Costa del Sol are fearsome. We find for the summer, the Costa Brava is much more to our liking.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would suggest you get a route from www.viamichelin.com. I have found their routes to be the best for clarity and detail. We ususally travel via Rouen and then straight down the N20/A20 and cross through Andorra.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts