Euro disney in august

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,

We are off to the vendee staying at La Garangoeire for 2 weeks in august and was going to take the st malo night ferry leaving a nice easy drive.

After pricing up the return crossing with a twin axle at over £800 with a cabin i started to think of going dover-calais saving over £600 and then going to the vendee via disney for a couple of days with the money saved. Any comments would be welcolmed. What would the disney pars be like in high season with a 7 year old and a baby?

Cheers for now,

Darren

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Try Dover - Dunkirk. First, the Caravan Club were offing great reductions on Sunday sailings out and Friday back. You can of course take the benefit of a reduced fare on Sunday out but pay normal price coming back in over a weekend.

Alternatively the Caravan Show is coming up in Birmingham where Norfolkline usually offer special offers when quoting a special code. The code usually gets posted on this forum and, in August, with your size van, you should get a crossing for approx

Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
You might want to price up Euro-RipOff-Disney first - in Summer, you'll use up a lot of the ferry saving on just getting into the place...

I was quoted

Oct 14, 2005
Visit site
Darren,

The only problem with the high season is the parks can be ridiculously packed, and you queue for hours on end to go on any of the rides and you don't get your moneys worth. The 7 year old would love it there as there is plenty to do for the little ones, but my advice would be to go when it is less packed, or use the money to goto Puy De Fou in the Vendee, brilliant day out.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
we go to disney nearly every year, the closest we have come to august was late sept and early may, we would never do it again, it is far too busy, you just give up and end up not going on the rides, (which wasnt too much of a problem for us as we had been so many times) i would not go in august, we now go in november, much better. having said all that, we absolutely love disney, and we go without the van on the back and stay in one of the disney hotels. hope you sort something out...ED

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Darren

We went to La Garangoeire in Aug last year.

We really enjoyed the site and the surrounding area. We considered the Dover crossing but ended up Portsmouth- St. Malo and back via Caen. In hindsight the

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi again,

After some consideration we have decided that august will be too busy for disney, especially with a baby.So we have booked the st-malo crossing, sat 7th august. quite expensive i know, but a very civilised and relaxing start to what should hopefully be a great holiday.

Is it a good idea to take bikes to Le Garangeoire?

Darren

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi again,

After some consideration we have decided that august will be too busy for disney, especially with a baby.So we have booked the st-malo crossing, sat 7th august. quite expensive i know, but a very civilised and relaxing start to what should hopefully be a great holiday.

Is it a good idea to take bikes to Le Garangeoire?

Darren
Darren,

We took our bikes and they were well used. The pool has a bike park as does the kids play area. There are a couple of cycling/walking tracks around the lake that the kids also enjoyed.

There are plenty of cycle paths in the area -around lac du jaunay & on the coast at Bretignolles-sur-Mer further south in the woodland area.

You can hire bikes on the site as well.

We travelled on the 15th August which was a French bank Holiday. I assume it was due to the bank Holiday but the traffic around Nantes was really busy. We planned a breakfast stop in one of the Aires north of Nantes. The motorway was clear when we pulled in. An hour or so later when the left the Aire the motorway was at a standstill. If we had pushed on, cleared Nantes and then made our first stop we would have missed the traffic. Live and learn!

Cheers,

Mathew

TRENDING THREADS