european breakdown insurance

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi I'm off to France and Spain next month and been searching for breakdown insurance the range of prices and cover are vast.My caravan is over 15 years old and some pilicies don't cover it.Anyone got views on best cover, as I even had a quote for 24 daqys from Vehicle rescue direct with free caravan cover for 35 pounds what would you suggest?

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Since no-one else is jumping in, I'll just say that we wouldn't venture abroad without the Caravan Club Red Pennant Insurance. It may not be the cheapest, but you can rely on them to help you out if things go wrong. However, I don't know whether they would cover a 15 year-old 'van.

John M

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
I have copied my post from another forum I hope it is some helpI have been searching for a fully comprehensive recovery service for car & caravan for months & have now come to the conclusion that there is no cheap option that covers all eventuallitys

points to look for when choosing a recovery ins are,

will they recover your length of van,

will they recover / attend the caravan independant of the car ( most will not)

will they take your van onward to the destination,& recover the van when the holiday is over.

will they recover to your home & not just to the nearest garage.

will they recover the caravan after a traffic accident & the car is an uneconomic repair.(this also applies to your car Insurers as some recovery schemes say that it is their responsability to recover in the case of a RTA)

I am with The CSMA who I thought were the answer to a reasonably priced comprehensive cover for car& van & have just found out that they will not repatriate the caravan if the car is an uneconomic repair,after a RTA & neither will my car insurer (M&S) or my caravan insurer(C&CC) which leaves me with only the CC red pennant or C&CCArrival both nearly double the cost

so as you see there is a lot of things to consider other than price no.gif

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
I have copied my post from another forum I hope it is some helpI have been searching for a fully comprehensive recovery service for car & caravan for months & have now come to the conclusion that there is no cheap option that covers all eventuallitys

points to look for when choosing a recovery ins are,

will they recover your length of van,

will they recover / attend the caravan independant of the car ( most will not)

will they take your van onward to the destination,& recover the van when the holiday is over.

will they recover to your home & not just to the nearest garage.

will they recover the caravan after a traffic accident & the car is an uneconomic repair.(this also applies to your car Insurers as some recovery schemes say that it is their responsability to recover in the case of a RTA)

I am with The CSMA who I thought were the answer to a reasonably priced comprehensive cover for car& van & have just found out that they will not repatriate the caravan if the car is an uneconomic repair,after a RTA & neither will my car insurer (M&S) or my caravan insurer(C&CC) which leaves me with only the CC red pennant or C&CCArrival both nearly double the cost

so as you see there is a lot of things to consider other than price no.gif
Hi Tony,

You are right its mind boggling but going to take the plunge and go with red pennant.Last three years been camping and used insure and go for both breakdown and personal this year they wanted 89 pound for 4 adulta and 2 children for personal,I looked at Brittania for breakdown and they wanted 68 pound.All in all that came to 157 pounds and red pennant came in at 159 so really for my way of thinking they not that dear.Will always keep looking for that one deal that encompasses everything and a good price.

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Thank you all i've gone with red pennant total cost for 24 days for breakdown and personal insurance for 4 adults and a set of twins aged 2 years 159 pounds. Thks for all the help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts