eurotunnel, or ferry

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello, before i start delving into trying to book passage across the channel, has anyone got any advice, is there a cheaper day to go out or come back, is it alot cheaper on the ferry, i would be mad if id missed out on any bargains ....(thats the scot part of me. added to the yorkshire)..it might be simple but i thought id ask any of you know if its just a case of booking, the caravan is nearly 24ft, so is this better on ferry or train, weve been to france about 10 times always on ferry but without van, thankyou in anticipation, regards ED

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
1. Cheapest Way : If you have any Tesco vouchers you can convert them into 'Deals' and use them to pay for all or part of your Eurotunnel crossing.

2. Norfolk Line: At the moment Norfolk Line seem to be the cheapest - but the prices vary from day to day, and also on which time of crossing you use. Mid-week crossings tend to be cheaper than weekend ones.

3. Bargains: Unfortunately you have just missed out on a real bargain. Until 22 Feb Norfolk Lines were offering car and caravan return for just

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
1. Cheapest Way : If you have any Tesco vouchers you can convert them into 'Deals' and use them to pay for all or part of your Eurotunnel crossing.

2. Norfolk Line: At the moment Norfolk Line seem to be the cheapest - but the prices vary from day to day, and also on which time of crossing you use. Mid-week crossings tend to be cheaper than weekend ones.

3. Bargains: Unfortunately you have just missed out on a real bargain. Until 22 Feb Norfolk Lines were offering car and caravan return for just

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Short crossing ferries and the tunnel reduce prices for night crossings, tunnel particularly so. If you book on-line you can juggle about with times available to get the lowest prices, but it may mean departure times around 04.00 which does not suit everybody.

Tunnel is good for poor sailers although some may find it slightly claustrophobic. You stay in your car, but can get out and stretch. Very easy entry and exit from and to autoroute / motorway sy both ends. Worst part is often the trip from Folkestone up Motorway to M25 - once took me 4 hours for 120 miles leaving Folkestone at 05.00

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
thankyou ray, i know the feeling, once took us 10 hours from dover to wakefield, normally easily done in 5 with stop off, ive been having alook at the internet, and it looks straightforward, times dont bother us, we normally drive down during night, and get to dover approx 5am, thats without the van on the back, (usually go to disney with travel included so never booked it separate before)..thanks ED

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts