Eurotunnel

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi
Has anyone managed to get any good deals on the Eurotunnel for next year yet? We normally go by ferry, but fancy a change this year. Is it best to book direct or go through the CC? We do go the busiest time of the year, just when the schools break up for summer.
We have been told from our dealer at the NEC show that because we ordered a new caravan we would receive a free P&O crossing, however they could not at that time give us any details and said something would come in the post, dont know if anyone knows anything more about this?
So I am not relying on this and doing my research still as usual.
Thanks
Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa
Many of us that use the Tunnel use Tesco Club Card vouchers for the fare so in the main tend not to pay for the crossing with real money. I think the Caravan Club offer a discount on the Tunnel but you still need to reckon on the fare being in the region of £200 for a car and caravan. Its easy enough to look online at the Eurotunnel website as you can put in all your details and see the fares, which vary according to time, during any day. Because of the system that Eurotunnel use, a bit like Easyjet, its usually cheaper to book well in advance of your crossing date.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unless they have changed recently the cheapest fares are between midnight and 06.00. If you play about a bit with the booking site you may get a return crossing outside this bracket but included in the cheap return price.
If you can face early mornings another benefit of say 04.30 is that there will be very little traffic on the motorway and you get a really good start to wherever you happen to be going the other side.

The process itself is very simple - park up as directed wait for the lights and drive into the train (remember not to cut the corners if towing) 30 minutes later pop out the other side. not claustrophobic, no need for sea sick pills, no tramping about to cabins, bars etc.
I would use if much more often but for the 200 mile each way trip from home to Folkestone - last two occaisions took us morethan 6 hours to get back as we have to use M25.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ray S said:
Unless they have changed recently the cheapest fares are between midnight and 06.00. If you play about a bit with the booking site you may get a return crossing outside this bracket but included in the cheap return price.
If you can face early mornings another benefit of say 04.30 is that there will be very little traffic on the motorway and you get a really good start to wherever you happen to be going the other side.

The process itself is very simple - park up as directed wait for the lights and drive into the train (remember not to cut the corners if towing) 30 minutes later pop out the other side. not claustrophobic, no need for sea sick pills, no tramping about to cabins, bars etc.
I would use if much more often but for the 200 mile each way trip from home to Folkstone - last two occasions took us more than 6 hours to get back as we have to use M25.
They seem to have changed that system slightly and it can be dearer to cross in the middle of the night then say 6 or 7 am, i also believe as the train fills up the price also goes up, so the earlier you book the better

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello Lisa,
Booked the Eurotunnel yesterday. Two weekend midday crossings in June with the van It was £236 ( £16 + Tesco Vouchers) The vouchers are still 4 for 1,that's if you shop at Tesco.You can get cheaper crossings,by going during the night,but we booked the most convenient time for us,as I've got to do 220 miles before I get to the Eurotunnel.Have a look at their website,you will be able to get a quote.
Hope this helps
Cheers Richard
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-smile.gif

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I am going to try and book today. We did get a free booking for P&O as we bought a new caravan at the show, however totally no use to us as terrible times. We have 2 young children. When I spoke to P&O yesterday they said that they are only giving away the sailings they cannot normally fill, never mind.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts