I could cry!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A bit of an unsettling day. First thing this morning OH comes to me to asked to identify a chewed up item is and shock horror it was my hearing aid! Somehow the 9 month old puppy managed to get up on my chair and was then able to grab my hearing aid off the sideboard. It was not within easy reach and under the case for my specs. Phoned audiology and got an appointment today and to replace the hearing aid is over £100! Also today car into garage for new shocks and milk just about to run out, but no good crying over spilled milk! :cry: :D

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I
A bit of an unsettling day. First thing this morning OH comes to me to asked to identify a chewed up item is and shock horror it was my hearing aid! Somehow the 9 month old puppy managed to get up on my chair and was then able to grab my hearing aid off the sideboard. It was not within easy reach and under the case for my specs. Phoned audiology and got an appointment today and to replace the hearing aid is over £100! Also today car into garage for new shocks and milk just about to run out, but no good crying over spilled milk! :cry: :D
I share your pain. Our 20 month Sprocker snaffles anything so we have had to be very aware to not leave things lying about. She’s been ill now for two weeks having accidents every night. Vets have taken bloods and ruled out , pancreatitis or kidney/liver issues. Stools samples still being investigated. Now on prescription hypoallergenic food and antibiotics. Fortunately she’s started to improve since last Saturday. Suspicion now is it’s something she ate somewhere. Fortunate we’ve not got to scans, or endoscopy. They were the next step had she not started to improve. Don’t we just love them ? 👍👍

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our puppy is same with snaffling everything except his own food. Last week we suspect that he ate something he shouldn't have eaten as he was quieter than normal. However this week he is obviously back to normal!

With him nicking my hearing aid the biggest concern was the battery if he had ingested it as I believe it could be poisonous to his system?

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope you found the battery, although very small they can burn through internal organs.
My brothers Doberman feasted on his granddaughters electric toy, two missing AA batteries . Vets X ray £125. Batteries found under the settee.

Reactions: Mel
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I hope you found the battery, although very small they can burn through internal organs.
My brothers Doberman feasted on his granddaughters electric toy, two missing AA batteries . Vets X ray £125. Batteries found under the settee.
The Mallory button cells are notoriously dangerous if swallowed. That’s why to keep children safe the packets are so darned difficult for pensioners to open ( and everyone else too).

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It was a panic, but OH located battery in his bed along with the other bits an pieces. Thank goodness as it was a worry.

Good news is that due to a cancellation I was able to get into Audiology today and all done and dusted. I wonder if paying cash had something to do with it? LOL!

Reactions: Hutch

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When I worked at a Children’s Hospital all waiting room toys with button cell batteries were banned or had all batteries removed. They are really dangerous things if swallowed.
Mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our Jack Russell is pining over lost mate three week ago and following me around our home he sleeping all the time not his usual character .

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Some years back had to take one of our dogs to (Sweep) the vet and we had to put him to sleep;
Our other dog a Jack Russell called Cindy (sounds familiar) sat and watched as I buried him in the back garden. They were inseparable, Cindy lost her best friend, and she never forgave me, she would growl if I went near her. Put me off having a dog for twenty plus years . Until I got my present little terror.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckman and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts