EV charging points

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have just been reading an article on the “ benefits” of EV. It mentioned the app called Zap Map to check where charging points are located and their status. As even if you were on a motorway trip there will be some just off the motorways just like fuel stations.
I checked the four near us which are 2-3 miles off if the motorway. Three are red and not in service. One was green but it closes at 2100 when the shop barriers come down.

I wonder what availability is in forum members locality.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
A few round us, Tesco are free lidl have them but if they are not free they operate on subscription or no payment subscribe schemes making life v tricky. They are stopping this but how quickly simple credit or debit card payment will spread I dont know. Our Nissan leaf could charge for free at any Nissan dealer too so you can get a lot of free motoring if you shop tesco!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
A few round us, Tesco are free lidl have them but if they are not free they operate on subscription or no payment subscribe schemes making life v tricky. They are stopping this but how quickly simple credit or debit card payment will spread I dont know. Our Nissan leaf could charge for free at any Nissan dealer too so you can get a lot of free motoring if you shop tesco!
my wife took the Nissan leaf out for a test drive and said it was fantastic

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Yes father in law ran the new one but not the extended range until v recently sensibly decided to give up driving. We then had extended use of it till he sold it. I absolutely loved it but wife not so much-it indicated she was running out of juice on her way to work so she had to travel back at 40mph. Cold weather reduces the distance a bit as does using the aircon-but with 160 range it was very good and a reall hoot to drive-rediculously real world fast-embarrassed a few Audis at the lights! The TEsla must be outstanding and I really do want one but the pennies are a bit tight!!!

Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have four near us, but getting to them is a problem. two are at the back of a car park and next to a taxi office and you might find a taxi in them unless the guy with a BMW has got there first and blocked it for the day.
The other two are at the railway station and people connect up in the morning and block them until the return at night or at least did until covid reduced the numbers travelling.
There are some at an Ada as well. The useage is low from what I have seen, but as they are very close to the store you get people parking there because it is convenient.
From what I an see we have a decent supply, but location has not been thought through, so getting to use them can be a problem.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts