Even More CONFUSED

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi to all that have posted advice to me

Now i really am confused!!! I've seen and sent my parents to look at another van, Elddis Crusader Superstorm, exactly the same layout just different make and interior, even the same year (2006) only this one has nothing really included in the sale, also throught a private sale, priced at £1000 cheaper. My parents say its in pristine condition and has no marks, scratches or anything. The owners say that they have only used it 6 times in 2 years which according to my parents seems absolutely feesable.

Now what do i do?!?!?!?!?!

Any advice PLEASE

Michelle

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Michelle

If the layout of the caravan suits the needs of your family and the asking price of the caravan is within your budget then go along preferably with somebody who knows what to look out for in caravans and speak to the seller. Find out if there is any room for negotiation in the price and ask why they are selling the van.

Check through the paperwork to make sure that the caravan is the same year as advertised, and you will also need to check that the caravan has been serviced on schedule, and by whom. If the service handbook does not have the correct number of stamps to prove that the caravan has been regularly serviced then any warranty or garantee is invalidated. This is important, and if the owner says that he has only used the caravan six times the sevice would still need to be done.

If all of the paperwork checks out and the seller is who he says he is (go into their house to check the paperwork) then make a note of the cris number which is etched into the windows of the caravan and which will also tally with the paperwork.

http://www.hpicheck.com/newfrontend/caravans_boats.jsp
That is the cris website.

If everything checks out and you decide to buy then good luck.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Twin axle caravans are not quite as popular nowadays because due to the weight / size of the van a hefty towcar is needed, which will use more fuel. Fuel prices will only always go up so this affects the popularity of t/a caravans which will become increasingly difficult to sell.

As Mike has said, make sure that your towcar is powerful enough and of adequate weight to tow this caravan and that the drivers licence is correct.

This is why the price is more negotiable.

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
Twin axle caravans are not quite as popular nowadays because due to the weight / size of the van a hefty towcar is needed, which will use more fuel. Fuel prices will only always go up so this affects the popularity of t/a caravans which will become increasingly difficult to sell.

As Mike has said, make sure that your towcar is powerful enough and of adequate weight to tow this caravan and that the drivers licence is correct.

This is why the price is more negotiable.
Hi Parksy

Cheers for your advice. If T/A vans are as unpopular as you say why then are there so many new ones on the market, i went to the NEC in Feb and they were everywhere.

We do have the tow car to pull it and my husband is also a qualified HGV driver, which is always good. I have looked at the used caravan buyer price guide and notice that the 2006 Elddis Crusader superstorm, a van that i particuarly like, for the interior and layout mostly, is worth

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts