Evening All

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I have joined the forum to glean information! I retire in 20 months but will be relatively young at 49. I have never owned or towed a caravan but intend buying one together with an appropriate tow car. I have been buying Practical Caravan for 12 months in order to learn before I buy. My wife an I have been looking at caravans to see what will be good for us and have concluded that a Bailey Senator California fits the bill. So, I will be perusing the forums in order to glean info on tow cars.

Mark Adams

Macclesfield

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mark and welcome to both of you.

If you've never towed a caravan before, both the Caravan Club and Camping & Caravan Club do helpful courses in various areas of the country.

The Caravan Club also have lots of very helpful leaflets for newbies and experienced caravanners alike, all of which can be found on their website.

Let us know how you get on.

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
hi mark;I have come back to caravaning after a break of 20 years,bought a caravan last year and cant wait to use it this year.When you buy youre caravan and being retired what a time you will have go for it;

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been buying practical caravan and the other caravan mags for about the same time , i am still no where near sorted on what to get , its a minefield.. but i like it lol

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
mark;;It can take a while for you get the right caravan for you but one day you will look at one and thats the one,you will get headaches looking but it will be worth it;good luck;

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mark,

What took you so long to get into caravaning!!

If you have the layout in mind you like, try hireing one out for a week with the same layout, it wont be the "van" you want but you shoud get a good feel for the practical bits.

Only joking about the first bit, welcome to our world. And look out for how stupid other drivers are around caravans when your on the move.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts