exterior build quality on new lunar quasar 546

Hi we are looking to change our caravan and have looked at both swift charisma 565 and lunar quasar 546 both with triple bunk and dinette at rear end . we like both vans but have one or two concernswith both . My husband thinks the exterior build of the lunar is poor, he can see ripples in the side panels but i think its fantastic,space wise in kitchen and bathroom areas its the best! He really likes the swift charisma 565 but i think the bathroom is poor and kitchen space limited but ithe exterior walls of the swift feel stronger. All i can find on lunar website is that walls are grade 2 construction can anyone help, has any one got either of these vans and what do you think. thanks

catherine

May 5, 2005
Visit site
I think most vans you can see ripples,the aluminium probably comes on a roll,our bailey has them for sure so I wouldnt rule the Lunar out for that

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Cath

I tested the 546 and its an excellent van, its great on washroom, kitchen as you say and its light to. The rear side bottom bunk has the option to of becoming a storage area. Brill value and it tows very well to.

The Charisma is good but its heavier (yes thicker aluminium sides) and also it gives the extra space to the front end of the van. Its got twin singles and this of course gives more space, but at the expense of the bathroom/ kitchen. So if I had to put a black mark on the Lunar it would be for the front shorter dinette. Build is very good, but aluminium sides wont be as thick but still sturdy enough. Sounds like the Lunar could be your bag!

Hope this has helped

Andy Jenkinson

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
ever caravan i have had, avondale,monza,two swifts, and now bailey, all have ripples down the side, if you get the right angle of view, and light, you will see them.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Catherine

We bought a new Lunar two years ago and love it. Yes you can see the ripples but as has been said, you can on most British caravans. We have had no problem with the build quality and we have the Quasar 524 with the end bathroom, which is the thing we wanted most. If you like the caravan generally and feel the internal space fits your needs, then go for it.

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
I have had both Swift and Lunar vans Id say in my opinion that the Swift felt more sturdy However,as I had no problems with the Lunar that may just be my imagination.I dont think Id worry to much about having either make.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm probably not the right person to ask, but yesterday we should have collected a new Lunar Lexon SE to replace our Abbey GTS 416. When we inspected the Lunar, the build quality was appalling. Trim looked like it had been cut with a knife and fork, and where there should have been an aluminium bed base there was an MDF version that was already separating from a strengthener. The only good thing that I can say about it was......., sorry I can't think of anything. Needless to say, the dealer still has the Lunar. I wouldn't touch another with a barge pole! Swift are far from perfect, but I've never left one of their products before.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts