Exterior locker surrounds.

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
My 2000 Abbey Expression has what looks like faded and chalky exterior locker surrounds.
Is there any thing that can restore the trim and remove the chalkyness?

A fellow storage site member reckons,the trim wasnt white to start with,and left the factory as Ivory coloured.
Any renovation techniques i can try.Or is it a replace only solution.
Many thanks
Pierre.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve ysed Silky on a few caravans now and it brings the locker surrounds up quite well. They are never brilliant white even in a new caravan but Silky does seem to work. I also use it on the grab handles but not on the caravan aluminium walls as it is slightly abrasive.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
LG57-UPS. said:
Just had a quick google!
Which Silky is it you use ?
The cream cleanser,or the caravan and boat cleaner version,im assuming the later?

I use the one in a white plastic tub with Silky written in red. Can’t be anymore specific as not at home to look.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
There was a recent thread on the same topic. Silky definitely got the majority vote, so I set out to clean the surrounds for the loo and battery box etc. When the lids were open the difference between inside and out was dramatic. As I couldn't find my pot of Silky in the garage I set about mine with a microfibre cloth and Care-avan polish. The results are well pleasing, so maybe worth trying a quality car polish or similar if you have some before a trip to purchase Silky brand.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts