external satellite point

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
We have bought a new van and asked the dealer to install an external sat point outside to save putting the cable from our dish through the window onto the back of the Sky Box. Has anyone got one of these outside points as we can't get ours to work. It works from the dish to the Sky Box, but not from the Dish into the outside point were I have to then connect a cable from the Sky box to the internal sat point. I am doing this correct on connecting a cable form the box to the inside sat socket and scart form tv to Sky Box. I feel the dealer may have installed the external point incorrectly.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
The external points tend just to be a connector,your problem sounds either your internal cable that you connect from the external point to the sky box or the external point itself.

try another cable internally if still same use a coupler from your sat to the internal cable so bypassing the external point.

What is the make? could have a stray piece of copper touching something

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I use push on F-connector's from the short cable from the internal sat socket box to the back of my sat box, i also use one to connect the cable from the dish to the van, if you need to make a new cable follow the instructions on the link below.

How to fit 'F' Connectors to coaxial cable

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Denise i too have an outside point for my sat but when i set it up i actually went straight from the dish in the window to sky box just to confirm it was working

after that take the cover of the outside box and check thats ok, i too have the f- connectors which make it nice and easy to connect and disconnect,

I have a doulble lnb so we can record etc with the sky hd box when were away this means there are 2 wires going into the van.

hope this helps

Rab

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Denise i too have an outside point for my sat but when i set it up i actually went straight from the dish in the window to sky box just to confirm it was working

after that take the cover of the outside box and check thats ok, i too have the f- connectors which make it nice and easy to connect and disconnect,

I have a doulble lnb so we can record etc with the sky hd box when were away this means there are 2 wires going into the van.

hope this helps

Rab
thanks for that, will try a new cable, what happens to the tv aerial does that still need to be connected to the tv and tv aerial socket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts