External satellite/TV connection

Oct 4, 2006
Visit site
Our 2013 Lunar Clubman has a satellite connection in the battery box. We do not use a satellite but wondered if I could convert this to provide a connection to an external TV aerial instead of bringing a co-axial cable through the caravan window. Would this work? I would appreciate any help from the experts.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
When we bought our 2012 Lunar it came with 2 adapters ( 1 for inside and 1 for outside) to convert the threaded satellite connectors to coax TV connectors. Did you have your van new?

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you fit a (think it's called an "F" type connector to your aerial cable.It's screw type connector against a push fit type co-axial connector.This will save you having to change the socket.
Although F type connector is for a satellite co-axial cable I can see no reason why it won't work for a television co-axial aerial cable.
Both satellite and television cables are co-axial type anyway.
You will probably have to change the connector for connecting to the television.

Oct 4, 2006
Visit site
Many thanks everyone for your responses. I hadn't realised the solution would be so simple. I shall purchase the adapters you each refer to. Not only is the solution more secure but I shall no longer feel the draught from the window on the ventilation setting.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Get the plugs/adapters from Screwfix or Toolstation - you'll get a bag of 10 for less than you will pay for two in a DIY shed.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Try not to use adapters,you lose a bit of the signal for every connection/joint in the aerial cable.Using the F type connectors will keep the connections/joints to a minimum

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts