External Shower Hose

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi does anyone know if I can rig up an external shower from my 2001 Bessacar 325SL, I have an external door that openes to reveal the underside of the fixed bed, I can see the hot and cold flexible pipes, can I just T into these and connect a new shower mixer? All this is because we show dogs and bath them on a table outside the bathroom window, but on the 325 the bathroom window is in the awning.

regards Ian

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Business contacts do this on outside event motohome units. They cut into the pipes and use self sealing quality garden style connectors T'd off the pipes. In the field they just plug the shower head pipe into the pipe work and stow away when not needed as it's just on a quick release!

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Business contacts do this on outside event motohome units. They cut into the pipes and use self sealing quality garden style connectors T'd off the pipes. In the field they just plug the shower head pipe into the pipe work and stow away when not needed as it's just on a quick release!
Thanks for the information Cris.

regards Ian

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hi Ian. Carver has a dedicated external shower kit complete with cupboard/housing,hose and mixer.I have seen them at our local caravan shop. We have one fitted as standard on our Bailey Senator.

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian. Carver has a dedicated external shower kit complete with cupboard/housing,hose and mixer.I have seen them at our local caravan shop. We have one fitted as standard on our Bailey Senator.
Hi Laurie W

Thanks for the reply, I will ask at my local caravan dealers to see if they can supply and maybe even fit the carver unit.

regards Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian, does your van water system run off a single pressure switch or micro switches?
In that case then the unit talked about by laurieW will be fine to use, without having to hook up to the pump electrical feed. To be honest, I was struggling for a use of mine, now at least I can call it a dog washer! Please remember, during winter time that water can get trapped in the pipe and it might be a good idea to remove the showerhead.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts