Extra socket in battery box?

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Anyone used this knockout for an extra power socet that can be used externally to the van. It is inside the Battery Box
where the main supply cable plugs in. Cheers

1685180320716.png

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen that before but would think you could add a socket and power say an electric barbeque. Presumably there is provision for another cable to come out of the box as without that you would have to use it with the flap open.

Reactions: Grey13
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I have not seen that before but would think you could add a socket and power say an electric barbeque. Presumably there is provision for another cable to come out of the box as without that you would have to use it with the flap open.
The usual cable exit point is big enough to allow another, smaller, cable but easy enough to widen the exit point - I've added three sockets into my battery box, two for the satellite system and one for an external TV aerial - it's now a tight fit when all 3 are in use as well as the mains cable.

Reactions: Grey13
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
My battery box has a small cutout on the lower lip which allows the mains cable feeding the van from the site post. Anyway when I get enough energy I will look from the inside as and pretty sure I will be able to fit a 240 Vac round socket to feed my newly aquired "Aqua Roll" heater. I have been experimenting for some years (on and off) with various "pond heaters" to keep the temp of my Aqua Roll at 30 odd Deg C. Works like a charm. We have almost normal showers when it's fitted. I am now adapting the Aqua Roll to permanently fit it and make it easy to just plug it in. Cheers

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
My battery box has a small cutout on the lower lip which allows the mains cable feeding the van from the site post. Anyway when I get enough energy I will look from the inside as and pretty sure I will be able to fit a 240 Vac round socket to feed my newly aquired "Aqua Roll" heater. I have been experimenting for some years (on and off) with various "pond heaters" to keep the temp of my Aqua Roll at 30 odd Deg C. Works like a charm. We have almost normal showers when it's fitted. I am now adapting the Aqua Roll to permanently fit it and make it easy to just plug it in. Cheers
In Fact, looking back at my few year old posts, to extend my shower times I simply dangle a IP68 fully submersible pond heater in the Aqua Roll and it works wonders! Mine is set at about 30 Deg C at the outset giving me 20 extra literes of 30 Deg C water along with my Truma tank. We do not run out. I fact I just checked, my heaater like the one below is actually 500 watts so draws very little (about 2 amps) and works wonders) PS you cannot toast, use in van heating and this heater at the same time!
1685194970373.png

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Anyone know what the make or name of this cable connector used in my swift van?
Looked online but not found it?

1685890091482.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts