F.A.O Graham W

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham

Thanks for reply regarding royal umpire,Croston,,never heard of it ,is it nice?? also have you been to "parkcliffe" in windermere? I believe it is owned by the holgate co., just booked it for may !

Tina x

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Tina

Never stayed at Royal Umpire but have been looking as I live quite near (well Standish) I was just thinking it is a nice close site to you for a quickie weekend.

Parkcliffe is owned by the Holgate Family but does not have the facilities of the main site, nice site though and nice and handy for Bowness. Take note only approach from the Newby Bridge, direction the turn is impossible from Windermere direction.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Graham

will have a look at that,!! looking forward to parkcliffe,its fully serviced,me and a friend and four kids for a

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
No can't make the Easter bash. I can only go local (Holgates again) as the better half has to come back to work Saturday.

Inlaws not sure if they are coming as the Chemo is causing Father in Law to be quite restless at night and up and down to the loo. He seems to be doing ok. He has a scan in about 2 weeks to see what progress is being made.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Well give him my... our love,I know we are virtual strangers but know how everyone feels,its very stressful but he's not on his own, have a great time at holgates,see you at the 2007 rally maybe ????

Tina xx

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Well give him my... our love,I know we are virtual strangers but know how everyone feels,its very stressful but he's not on his own, have a great time at holgates,see you at the 2007 rally maybe ????

Tina xx
ok hun its a date

xx

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina I had a weekend at Park Cliffe last year, It's an excellent site and great for kids, I'll tell you more over Easter,

Roy

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Tina, We stayed at Royal Umpire about 5 years back .It was then owned by Barrons and when we picked up our van from Chorley(had 2 from there now)they gave us 2 free nights. Barrons have sold the site so don't know what it is like now but then it was a large open site with pitches seperated by low fences/hedges,well maintained and very clean loos. Probably worth a weekend to try it out.

Brian (",)

TRENDING THREADS