faily cheap ferry

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Well having missed the bonanza of the saga £90 offer I've justed booked Seafrance return £135 and not in the middle of the night. Decent times in the day.

Now what I can't book is the sites, we have to wait for our daughter to be allocated the keycamp site she will be working at!!!!

You have to come and see where I'm working please, please, pretty please....

Do others get this problem from their offspring?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes - last year our nineteen year old son worked as a Canvas Holidays courier. We took him and his friend on holiday for two weeks before he started work - and stayed first week in the Ardeche, where they both acclimatised to the sun!!!!! (mostly involving lying around the pool, fishing in the river, or chatting up some of the party of girls who were there celebrating an eighteenth birthday!!! The friend was offered a job with a building company who service mobile homes, but it was his first trip to France and I think he was just a little scared so at the end of the second week he came back with us via Millau, the bridge, the vultures of the Jonte, then Lac de Panthier, Chateau de Ganspette and home. He had a great time.

The second week we took them down to Argeles where our son was going to be working, but we didn't stay on the site he was going to. They explored the town, found the best bars and restaurants, checked out where the buses and trains went to, found a lovely mountain spring for swimming, and generally got a first class grounding in what a courier needs to know about the area. We just saw them for meals at night - and usually paid??!!

I wouldn't stay on the site your daughter is working on - you might not be impressed by the state of their accommodation or their lifestyles, but do stay nearby!!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Smiley.

If she is working for key camp. The answer is "free pitch now your in the business, please, pretty please"

We met a very helpful young guy doing that kind of work years ago, altough we were not anything to do with his firm he lent me a vac to clear up a broken car window and founf the local dealer for me to get it fixed at.

He and his co workers had little carefuly worded cards about left over food and and drink. A cheeky smiley reply to campers requests about showing thanks with the odd beer, wine, baguette, tin of beans, bacon, sausages etc etc.

We bought the guy some food and wine for his help, he said that it was his second season, the pay was not brilliant but his friendly attitude as leader at his site had provided him and his co workers with free food and drink for six weeks and they had spent very little money.

Just a little tip for your daughter.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Yes Chris, the pay is not good.

We started with Keycamp hols so it's a childhood dream of hers, from kiddies club.

At least she'll get it out her system, hopefully, her pay may not be great, but neither is our wallets supporting her.

TRENDING THREADS