Fan not working on Carver 2000

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have a Carver 2000 fanmaster with great output from the electric connection but the fan doesn't work at all. I am a little nervous leaving the main fire on as close to the duvet. I appreciate it probably works best with gas but even the cold air doesn't blow. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The fan unit is a totally separate item bolted to the back of the fire, so it does not matter which fuel source you use, the fan is the same.

With the older units the most common cause of failure is the switch that controls the fan.
The best person to help you is Gary at Arc Systems.
http://www.arcsystems.biz/

He will be able to supply the parts you need.

The other thing that does not help at all is lack of servicing and especially cleaning of the fan unit.

Depending on access to the back of the fire it may be necessary to remove the fire, for which you are strongly advised to get a mobile engineer to do the work as it will involve gas connections and a new flue seal.

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Thank you so much for all your advice. I have only just bought the caravan and it is about 20 years old. Everything is immaculate but I don't know when it was last serviced so it will be next on my list!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tarn

Welcome to the forum.

Just a note, If you just ask to have your "caravan serviced", it only normally includes an operation and safety check on the appliances like the cooker, fridge, space and water heaters. If something is wrong, they are duty bound to report safety issues and with gas appliances to prevent their operation until they are fixed. And you would hope they would also report operational failures, like blown air fans not working.

If you want a propper service done on any of them you have to specifically ask for it, and it will usually be in addition to the normal service charge.

I suggest you check with possible companies before you engage one.

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Thank you that's a great help because I also have an issue with the hot water. The water heats up really well but after the initial surge of hot water coming out of the tap it reduces to a dribble. Will do my research first. Thanks again

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello again Tarn,

The hot water symptom you describe is well known, and is usually associated with a Carver Cascade water heater. There is a non return valve built into the cold water inlet at the bottom of the heater casting this can be subject to damage over winter if it is not properly drained. If it's cold enough to freeze the remaining water, the expansion of the ice can damage the valve and cause it to jam. Sometimes the valve can be stripped down and simply reassembled, but it is often necessary to replace the whole valve.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Don't know what sort of taps you have - but just check if there is a filter in the nozzle that can be unscrewed and cleaned. Also when you prep the water system - first close all taps. Open the HOT tap furthest from the pump (usually bathroom sink) wait til water runs smoothly - then the next HOT tap in the same way. This will use water from the aquaroll to fill the hot cylinder. Next repeat with the COLD. When all taps run with no spluttering you know the system is filled - and then you can turn on the heater for the water.
You do need to drain down after each trip . turn off the heater - open the yellow drain tap to vertical (under the front seat near the inlet, then turn all taps on to drain the system (if mixer taps open turned halfway so that both hot and cold drains). Especially important before winter as frost can otherwise easily damage the taps.
Also a litre of water weighs 1kg, so a full tank of water usually in the front offside corner can affect noseweight and handling when towing as well as reducing mpg towing unnecessary weight!
Good luck and ENJOY!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts