Fancy a festival?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We'll be making our annual trip to the Twinwood Festival which takes place over the August Bank Holiday weekend.
The festival gets better every year and although there is no ehu we have a solar panel which keeps the battery topped up, not that we're in the caravan much during the festival to use much power because there's so many acts to see.
The festival is very civilised with the audience seated in the arena on their camping chairs with their picnics and bottles of wine etc.
There is a lot of dancing on properly constructed dance floors in the arena and at other indoor venues on the historic festival site, and many festival goers dress in period clothing from the 1940 to the 1960s.
It's great to have a good nights sleep in a nice warm caravan to be ready to enjoy the next day of dancing and listening to some great retro music.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just checked up, went to 8 festivals last year, Bestival, Isle of White. Latitude, Southwold. Lovebox, Victoria park London. V fest Chelsford. Glyneborne, Lewes. Croppreddy, Wilderness , Cornbury Park. Also, Silverstone and Burleigh Horse trials. Didn't see any of the acts, just dropping off and collecting caravans, used by workers puting up and removing the equipment.
Parksy, I wil pop in for a cupa this year, if I am around.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You'll recognise our caravan, it will be on the front row amongst my fellow coffin dodgers, very near to the arena entrance, and the caravan will have a tall flagpole with a RAF flag at the top and just below it the Black Country flag.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Did do this a year or two back and it was excellent, may be tempted again this year!
http://www.suffolkcentre.org.uk/rally_festival_country_music.htm

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I was only dropping off and picking up caravans, didnt see the festivals, and the Isle of Wight, one I missed the Ferry by 3 minutes. .
Another reason, I was admitted to the Woosies, :pinch:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats a nice easy place to get to. I took three vans there last year, apparently it was a good festival..
Whilst I was working overseas, I talked a friend into buying an old caravan ,just for festivals, he said it was one of the best things he done, no more wet tents.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts