FAO for Moderator 3

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I never saw the end of the thread but there was already enough on there on Friday that could have got someone the sack from their job or even police involvement - so I have to agree with Steves decision.

I am not one of the PC brigade and disagree with a lot of what passes as acceptable behaviour in society today.

You can take that as meaning scrounging from the state or openly offensive racist language.

I myself had a snipe at travellers removed a while back and even though it was meant as a joke I believe the mod was within his remit.

I have been on the forum appx 6 months and I knew the mods were regular posters.

I would love it if censorship was never required, unfortunately it is and the mods do a good job even if we disagree their views/actions sometimes.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't recall your post about travellers Garry but what you must ask yourself is this, were you telling the truth, did you have proof. If so to my mind it shouldn't be censored and you have nothing to be ashamed of, there is too much censorship in this country today just to appease those who are politically correct. It's because of this that the voice of the majority is stifled while the minority extremists carry on whittling away at all our forefathers fought for and for years we held dearly.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I supported this Government when they were elected but by God, they have a lot to answer for. After 17 years of the Tories I was glad to see the back of them but this lot shouldn't be allowed to stay the course, the sooner they are out the better, taking their Human Rights Act with them. Many innocent people have lost their lives because of this stupid act that they signed up to.

If I might add, I'm not one of the people who totally oppose all immigration, at least the Poles will integrate into society.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't recall your post about travellers Garry but what you must ask yourself is this, were you telling the truth, did you have proof. If so to my mind it shouldn't be censored and you have nothing to be ashamed of, there is too much censorship in this country today just to appease those who are politically correct. It's because of this that the voice of the majority is stifled while the minority extremists carry on whittling away at all our forefathers fought for and for years we held dearly.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I supported this Government when they were elected but by God, they have a lot to answer for. After 17 years of the Tories I was glad to see the back of them but this lot shouldn't be allowed to stay the course, the sooner they are out the better, taking their Human Rights Act with them. Many innocent people have lost their lives because of this stupid act that they signed up to.

If I might add, I'm not one of the people who totally oppose all immigration, at least the Poles will integrate into society.
I take a different view on who should be let into this country, and these are persons who can contribute to the prosperity and wellbeing of this country, in is much that they have gainfull employment, pay their taxes, become multi-cultural in language and attitude and fit into a society which is based on freedom of the induvidual.

The UK has for centuries exported its people and for centuries we have allowed immigrants to come and live here, and most of them have adapted and slowly but surely become good citizens.

I can give many instances of UK governments allowing practically cart blanche entry when a shortage of persons was found in sectors of the community - nurses, bus & train drivers and attendants etc.at one end of the pay scale, and Doctors, Surgeons, Engineers etc, at the higher end of the scale.

I could pick out quite a few different countries whose people would be on my list for consideration for selecting to work and live here, although I would be seriously much more stringent in the selection criteria. IMHO

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In response to Lord B. point regarding this government and their term in office after 17 years of Tory rule. I admit I have never voted Labour in my life, I have considered and voted for Tory, Lib. Dem. and even Plaid Cymru. However looking at what the mainstream parties are at present offering is there any choice who to vote for - depending on your views they are one as good/bad as the other. I would not be surprised to see UKIP or even BNP take some seates in the next general election. Mr. Blair has even signed the European Treaty without a mandate from the electorate - something that even the French would not do. He has completely sold us down the river now. Unfortunately we are now too far in the common market to get out but I will say I admired President De Gaulle for refusing Churchill entry in the 1950/60s. The only good thing he did for Britain. What was wrong with the British Empire and our friends therein?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
In response to Lord B. point regarding this government and their term in office after 17 years of Tory rule. I admit I have never voted Labour in my life, I have considered and voted for Tory, Lib. Dem. and even Plaid Cymru. However looking at what the mainstream parties are at present offering is there any choice who to vote for - depending on your views they are one as good/bad as the other. I would not be surprised to see UKIP or even BNP take some seates in the next general election. Mr. Blair has even signed the European Treaty without a mandate from the electorate - something that even the French would not do. He has completely sold us down the river now. Unfortunately we are now too far in the common market to get out but I will say I admired President De Gaulle for refusing Churchill entry in the 1950/60s. The only good thing he did for Britain. What was wrong with the British Empire and our friends therein?
Ummmmm don't you mean the Commonwealth Colin? :O)

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site

It cost us too much colin,or rather it would have to continue.

TRENDING THREADS