FAO. LB facts & Figures

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi LB.

Have you been to Englethwaite before?

A very nice place to have a meal is The Dukes Head,Armathwaite.Need to book though as it is a busy place,and the dining room is quite small.They do bar meals as well,but that is also a very small area.

The road to the site is quite bumpy so keep your speed down.From the site to Glasgow is approx 2 hrs 15mins.and from Glasgow to Inverary is approx 1hr 15mins.

Further than that I cannot help.

If there's anything else I can help with let me know.

Maureen

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thank you Maureen :O)

From Englethwaite Hall I'm off to Carradale Bay via Campbeltown. I've run the directions off .. it's 260 miles and gives a time of 6 1/2 hours.

From Hereford to Englethwaite Hall it's 259 miles with a time of 4 3/4 hours.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you Maureen :O)

From Englethwaite Hall I'm off to Carradale Bay via Campbeltown. I've run the directions off .. it's 260 miles and gives a time of 6 1/2 hours.

From Hereford to Englethwaite Hall it's 259 miles with a time of 4 3/4 hours.
On a good day, Mbl**dy6 permitting!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Play it cool girl.

Lisa xx

I missed that the first time around, now I see the meaning, some girls will do anything for a ride on a boat

that is !!!!!!!!!!!

Val & Frank

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You see, the problem with these titled people (men) is that they sometimes tend to string women along a bit. He's promised Maureen a cruise but who knows what he's promised the girls on his estate too.

Lisa

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks,

You're just jealous 'cos you didn't get an invite !!! Anyway the size of the boat appears to have changed as he told me he was waiting for the oars to get painted !!!!

I might need to change my plans :eek:) :eek:)

Maureen

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
LB.

If you want a rest stop for yourselves & the dogs ....once you havetravelled along Loch Lomond and reached Tarbet you will then bear left to Arrochar.Just 2 mins.drive along that road and you will see an old church on the right hand side of the road.It has a huge car park that is invariably empty.At the far end of the car park you can take the dogs and walk underneath the railway,through a gate and immediately into a forest.The first bit is very steep and if wet could be tricky.

The restaurant is ok for light snacks and upstairs is a large gift shop which is interesting.From Arrochar the scenery is wonderful.....the Caravan Club used to have a site at the River Croe but lost it to a developer.....and now there is nothing there at all.It was only an hour from home for us and was in a prime location.....what a shame.

See the web-site www.thebenlomond.com

Lisa,stop reading this at once......I'm only trying to be helpful!!!! Do you think I could arrange to meet him in the forest??? Ha,Ha,Ha

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
LB.

If you want a rest stop for yourselves & the dogs ....once you havetravelled along Loch Lomond and reached Tarbet you will then bear left to Arrochar.Just 2 mins.drive along that road and you will see an old church on the right hand side of the road.It has a huge car park that is invariably empty.At the far end of the car park you can take the dogs and walk underneath the railway,through a gate and immediately into a forest.The first bit is very steep and if wet could be tricky.

The restaurant is ok for light snacks and upstairs is a large gift shop which is interesting.From Arrochar the scenery is wonderful.....the Caravan Club used to have a site at the River Croe but lost it to a developer.....and now there is nothing there at all.It was only an hour from home for us and was in a prime location.....what a shame.

See the web-site www.thebenlomond.com

Lisa,stop reading this at once......I'm only trying to be helpful!!!! Do you think I could arrange to meet him in the forest??? Ha,Ha,Ha
Just like Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. :O) :eek:)

Maureen

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks,

You're just jealous 'cos you didn't get an invite !!! Anyway the size of the boat appears to have changed as he told me he was waiting for the oars to get painted !!!!

I might need to change my plans :eek:) :eek:)

Maureen
As long as it's not a dingy on the Monmouth & Brecon Canal.

Lia xx

TRENDING THREADS