FAO Lutz Winter Tyres in Germany

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Bill,
I think there is no fixed time, it depends on the temperature that it is. If its 5 Degrees and below or that your tyres are not suitable for the weather. If you get stopped its a 30 euro fine and if you are causing an obstruction due to tyres its 80 euros.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Bill, Lutz is in the UK at the mo. and probably not got internet. Will be seeing him this evening so will get him to answer your question for you. Dianne.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Taff Jones has got it right, There is no time limit specified. Tyre equipment must be 'suitable to suit the conditions'. I usually have them fitted at the end of October.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have just returned from a trip to Krakow via Germany and the Czech Republic and I was surprised at the large number of cars in all three countries with winter tyres fitted. They ranged from small old ones right through to larger exec cars. I krakow I spoke to one of the drivers in a weekend rally and he told me that for his normal road car he keeps winter tyres on all year round and that Continental recommend to use winter tyres if you cannot afford two sets of tyres. I have had All Season tyres with the snowflake and mountain symbols on our second car and it drives really well in snow with no noticeable increase in wear. In summer I cannot detect any change in driving charactersics but I don't drive on the limits. In fact I will be changing to Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons for this winter on the Xc70. They are all seasons tyres but along with Vredstein and Hankook always vie for top places in major German tyre tests.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts