FAO Pageant Burgundy owners.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

have any of you noticed that it is difficult to remove the plastic salad box from the fridge,because the door will not open past 90degrees as there is a cupboard in the way.

We have asked about changing the door to the other side because of the problem,but Bailey says that will be at our expense.

have just e-mailed them to say we feel it is a design fault and they should recognise it as that.Unfortunately, the fridge needs to be pulled out to get to the base fixing strip,otherwise we would have tackled it ourselves.

Feb 6, 2006
Visit site
hello maureen,

have just tried ours and it came out no problem.Just slightly twist to the left and out it comes as its very flexible and we did not force it,so i cannot see why you have to change the door position.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi maureen, is it just difficult or impossible to remove the salad box , if it's impossible should i cancell my burgundy which is due first week in may ( only joking on second bit interested on the first bit )..p.s. how is the burgundy, cannot wait for may

Dec 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

I have also just been out into (freezing) Burgundy to check out the salad tray!! It pulls out fine up to the point where the lid lifts up automatically so I'm sure will be OK for everyday use. Only if you want to pull the whole tray out do you have to wiggle it to the side and strain the door hinge slightly for a second!

I probably won't lose sleep over it!!

Don't cancel your order because of it, 'cos otherwise it's a great 'van! (Haven't been away in mine yet tho' !!!)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My comment is that I should not have to wiggle it out,and by moving the door to the opposite side solves the problem !! Apart from that we are happy with the van.....hoping to go away for a few days next week in it, as long as the weather remains reasonable.

Dec 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I agree that moving the door to the other side would solve the problem, but taking out the fridge to do it sounds pretty major!!

One small problem: I have found a metal bracket that has come off under the heater; it's supposed to hold the thermostat probe. Anyone any ideas how you get the heater cover off so I can fit the bracket and probe back?

By the way which part of the country (or indeed which country!!)do you live in if you're hoping 'the weather remains reasonable' ??!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've just managed 3 nights away in West Yorkshire at Pool halfway between Bradford and Harrogate with our Burgundy. We stayed at a CL with a panoramic view, which means it is well-exposed.

We didn't notice any problem with the salad tray, but it was a bit cold for salads!

3 very sunny days, but cold and down to -8 at night. Heating worked fine. We had the chest fitted so that we have the flip over table for meals. There was quite a draught coming from the bottom of this, but soon remedied this with a towel covering the bottom section - we had to do this when it was cold with our previous van, Ranger 510L. Still, it keeps condensation down - none on the windows.

The bed was very comfortable and this is the main reason we went for a fixed bed, so very happy with it.

It snowed Friday afternoon and 2-3 inches fell and stayed. Again, heating was fine - we had been out all day and left on a low setting, so used both the gas and electric together to warm up for about 20 minutes.

On the last night, the waste pipe from the shower froze up, so had to bale out the shower before we could hitch up to come home.

We noticed that the mastic around the base of the shower tray had split, so will get our dealer to fix this for us.

Towed very stable, even with a bargain buy of hardwood garden table and 6 chairs which we couldn't miss!

Can't wait for next outing - Easter to CC site near Llandrindrod Wells, but will probably sneak in a weekend before then, especially if it warms up!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Almost forgot to add:

the drawer above the fire does get warm, so an ideal place to warm the plates before serving.

The cupboards either side of the fire also get warm, so good place to store the dressing gowns, slippers, towels etc.

Feb 6, 2006
Visit site
hello everybody,

have just got back from haltwhistle in northumberland.We spent 2 days in the snow in our Burgundy and it was great.Heating was no problem and everything worked as it should.Clothes hook in toilet/shower compartment came off and water bottle and pump froze up,but we soon sorted these small problems.All part of caravaning!.Bed is very cosy although anybody around 6ft in height might find it a bit small.It towed very well and was very steady.(mondeo 2.0 tdci saloon).All in all its a very well built caravan and we hope you all enjoy.

cheers john k.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have just had 1 weekend in the caravan and out again tomorrow-we rally with East Sussex Caravan Club-and we have a few niggles but basically love the van. The toilet door hits the sink as opened but we hung a towel over the sink until a better solution is found. We found the lighting poor especially into the lower cupboard under the wardobe. We love the bed after making up beds in our Loire but its not easy to see in the cupboards in the bedroom as the spotlight is under the cupboard and no central lights. No problems with our fridge that we know of.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David

we noticed the toilet door hitting the sink when we fist saw it. We have put two small felt pads on the door - one at the top and one where it hits the sink.

Seems to work ok and inexpensive as well!

Regards

Ken

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts