Farewell Nigel D

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Where have the years gone
smiley-undecided.gif

May I wish you the very best in your new post at What Car?
smiley-smile.gif

Please don't forget us humble tuggers and I hope you and Mrs D continue caravanning.
Many thanks for all your contributions over the years.
Maybe in your new post you can give us some pointers on how to buy a top grade tow car cheap
smiley-tongue-out.gif

I hope their Web site / Forum is more advanced than ours
smiley-laughing.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good luck in the new job Nigel and, as has been said, with their website which I suspect may be the same Haymarket format.
It's great that the Editor has got out of the office and done the things he writes about. Many would have set off into Eastern Europe in the biggest shiniest caravan and towcar on the fleet but not you.
You leave difficult shoes to fill.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Farewell. adieu.auf weidersein. goodbye. All the best at What Car. Bet you're thinking "S~d the tow cars DD, where's the porsche". Best mates with Clarkson before we can say noseweight.
smiley-laughing.gif

have fun
mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to hear Nigel has left us,but we both send our best wishes for the future,lots of great memories especially the hospitality in Mont St Michel.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
PC Editors do not seem to hang around for very long. I wonder why?

Quote Nigel from PC mag "Better part of a decade"
Personally think this is quite a stint in the same job!!

Nigel, good luck on your new challenge, sorry to see to go, hope to see you at next years rally
smiley-smile.gif

IMG_0597.jpg

I'll have a vanilla one
smiley-smile.gif

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
All the very best Nigel, and when What Car needs test drivers to report how well the Audi A4 estate performs as a tow car, to use it for a year, on loan, do call on me!!!!

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hello everyone

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a riot at Practical Caravan and I will still poke my head around the awning from time to time. You can't work at PC and treat it as a job. Completely misses the point.

The What Car? job can never compete for variety, for fun and mostly for the sociability. Thanks everybody for all the fun and best wishes. And see you in the touring field! You can still find me on here from time to time, my email address is staying the same and if there are any Tweeters among you, @nrdonnelly will keep you up to speed with my adventures!

The mag and website remain in very capable hands. Stacie, Clare, Rob and Claudia are all still around and there will be some new faces coming along shortly too. I'll tell them not to say anything stupid if you promise to be nice to them!

Thanks for your company and hospitality and see you all again soon!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Nigel I never met you except through the forum although we were at Stowford so wish you all the best for the future. I hope you continue to subscribe to this forum even if it is only in the tow car section.
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
I still like my caravans so you probably won't find me in the towcar forum. That's too much like work these days!

Probably here and in technical though. They're my sort of areas. I won't be a stranger...

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure that you'll enjoy your new post as a petrolhead Nigel, and I hope that you are allowed to take some fantastic gleaming new cars home with you as part of the job.
smiley-cool.gif

This is for mainly the benefit of your neighbours who have had to put up with old past their best project caravans and dodgy Volvos of dubious worth on your front drive at home over the past few years.
smiley-laughing.gif

We've enjoyed seeing Practical Caravan magazine flourish under your stewardship, and thank you for your help and behind the scenes support of this forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts