Faulty basin tap in the Lunar Delta RI

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I've had an issue with our washroom mixer tap on our 2016 Lunar Delta RI. The tall, square basin tap in the washroom leaks water at the base where it meets the wooden surface. I've unscrewed the plastic threaded nut holding the tap in place inside the cupboard and inspected the braided hoses and all seems dry. The water is pooling around the base, so I think it's the plastic casing that is leaking water from the internal cylinder somewhere.

I called Lunar this morning and they referred me to Carafax who are the manufacturers of the tap and the lady I've spoken to this morning at Carafax admitted that they have had manufacturing issues with the square tall tap. They've offered me a replacement FOC and are sending out a new tap within the next few days.

So, if you're one of the unlucky ones, and you've got a tall mixer tap in one of your caravans and it's started leaking, you can deal with Carfax directly if you wish, or speak with your supplying dealer!

My dealer near scotch corner wasn't aware of the fault either so It's not become a recall just yet.

http://imgur.com/a/4o8BR
Photos in the link above

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chrisjkerr said:
...My dealer near scotch corner wasn't aware of the fault either so It's not become a recall just yet.

Hello Chris,

I'm sure other forumites will appreciate the heads up on the problem. However I don't think it will ever become a "Recall" it will probably be just a service note.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts