Faulty Lunar quasar 462 caravan.USE YOUR RIGHTS

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
RogerL said:
It's laughable that Haymarket should be concerned about being sued by the dealer over revealing the facts when the facts have already been debated in court and found against the dealer.
The media seems able to publish whatever it wants whether true or not and uses "Freedom of The Press" to defend that right but individuals can't publish facts proven in court - does that sound like balanced to anyone?
What facts were debated in court Roger?
Which particular court were the facts debated in ?
Do you have access to these facts? A transcript of the proceedings? A copy of the ruling perhaps?
I don't!
Why should Haymarket pay lawyers to defend against the possibility of legal action, when as owners of this forum they have made available a set of rules which you and everyone else who uses this forum to transmit material have agreed to abide by when you chose to join?
Haymarket's forum = Haymarket's rules.

Thanks for your kind support Dusty Dog & Ray S, I very much appreciate it!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Parksy, I'm disappointed that you seem to have taken this personally because it was quite obviously NOT a complaint about moderation but a request to allow reasonable, justified free speech.

I give in - it's a secret, one-sided society we live in - those who defend the "status quo" are welcome to live in it - I want none of it.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I haven't taken any aspect of this situation personally Roger!
As a moderator of this forum I'm used to queries and complaints and I am perfectly happy to explain decisions that are taken by me or actions by me on behalf of Haymarket and I never take any of it personally.
I'm merely responding to questions by yourself and others asking why the dealer cannot be named on this forum.
Time after time the same question arises on this forum, coupled with the assumptions about 'free speech' and secrecy.
I didn't initiate this debate, each one of my comments has been intended to address the points raised as honestly and fairly as I can.
My previous comments were addressed to you because I had quoted your assertions about the facts of the matter.
Neither of us is in a position to know the true facts, we have Kens side of the story.
I don't doubt for a moment that Ken's opening post is accurate and true but even where he won his case the rules of the forum expressly prohibit the naming of the dealer involved no matter what the circumstances are.
There is no true freedom of speech on moderated internet forums as there is no true freedom of speech in everyday life.

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
As I said I can live with not being able to names on this forum, nobody wants anybody to get sued for slander or what ever. But if this is true, and I have no reason to think it is not, then this is news, so why have we not heard from Nigel to say he is looking into it and if it is true, it will be in the next issue, or is PC scared of upsetting somebody who places adverts?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I can't speak for Nigel Donnelly or what he decides to include in issues of Practical Caravan Magazine, but if they were really so 'scared of upsetting somebody who places adverts' why would the names of manufacturers of faulty caravans be allowed to appear on the Practical Caravan forum?
In this particular instance Lunar (who are named in the thread) hardly come out of it smelling of roses and they advertise in Practical Caravan Magazine.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was not going to add to this topic as Parksy has covered all the salient points in a much nicer way than I would have.

For all those wishing to have every detail of dealers who may or may not have given the level of service expected by some, they will not be "Named and Shamed" on this forum at any time, it really is that simple.

What some people find is not good service, others find the opposite, and as has been explained numerous times is that on a forum such as this we only see one side of a story which we cannot verify, nor wish to.

It would seem that the OP has had satisfaction over his complaint, that in itself is enough information, there is no need to know anything more other than idle curiosity.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
I also had a big problem with my Lunar Delta 2009. After it had been back to the dealer several times i contacted Lunar. Eventualy they sent a driver to collect it and take it back to the factory to fix the 20 plus faults, i also gave the driver a letter with photos of all the problems which he handed to the MD personally. Came back 3 weeks later all fixed, so it seems they do take notice if you shout loud enough.

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
We had a new Lunar Quaser in 2005 what a dissapointment, it was put together with glue and staples. Only the 2 of us no children what a nightmare clothes rail fell off only glued on, pull out table top came off only stapled on, large mirror on wall started swinging and came off in transit, the beading on all the edges started lifting and peeling off. We had lots of other complaints with it and got rid of it after 2 years and have never looked at another Lunar since, we know other people with Lunars having the same problems.

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you will find a caravan manufacturer that turns out 100% perfect caravans all of the time. I've got a 2010 model Lunar Delta and have only had a couple of minor niggles with it and in general I have found it to be well built and reliable. I would certainly look at another Lunar when it comes to replacing my current one. Some day all caravans will be perfect but until then you are going to get good and bad example from all manufacturers.

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I to have a Lunar Delta which we have found to be perfect for our use and is the second Lunar we have owned and they have both been reliable and trouble free, appart from a a split shower tray in a Lunar Lexon, the problem I have found is not so much the caravan manufacturers but the dealers, the trouble we had trying to get the shower tray replaced on waranty was a nightmare and after loads of letters and e-mails to Lunar and a row with a certain caravan dealer in cheshire whos manager spoke to my wife and shouted at her down the phone, they then tried to offer us 2 free services as compensation which we refused and never went there again, then when we thought it couldnt get any worse we took our Lunar Delta to a dealer in the Flintshire area to get the 12 month service carried out as it was to far to travel to Preston where we bought it, there where some small items to be attended to under waranty and a modification on the awning light wiring, they where contacted 2 weeks prior to the service of a waranty item that needed to be replaced (FM radio aerial) and the wiring alteration when they tried to claim of Lunar for the Aerial Lunar said they had left it to late to claim 3 days past the 12 month period, but the dealer had had the van for 10 days prior this 12 month deadline, they also failed to carry out the awning light wiring, I dont think they new how to, there was also a rattle on the Alde pump, they tried to say the pump was running dry, no chance the Alde manual says the level in the header tank should be 1cm above the minimum line when cold at room temp, they have filled it to the max mark and when i ran it it rose to the top of the expansion tank and we had to remove fluid from the tank the actual fault was found to be just the rubber spacer at the impellar end, maybe the service staff need retraining as these systems are in a lot of vans and if they are making easy mistakes like this it makes you think what else have they done wrong as they have taken the wheels off have they put them back right ?, there is also scuff marks on the rear corner which were not there before but we would have no proof that that was done whilst there but we know they were not, but more upsetting, disapointing is the fact Lunar would not cover the £16.00 aerial 3 days after the waranty period, and they expect you to buy another one, we replace our vans every 2 to 3 years you would thing they would go out of there way to keep there customers because I will not buy another Lunar just for the sake of an aerial, its the principle of it, and we will never use the dealer who carried out the service again and they must know we will tell every one who ask who they are and warn them off, may be we need foreign caravan manufacturers to come into the market to make the british ones try harder,

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Thought I'd come to the defence of Lunar caravans. We have had 4 new Lunars in the last 15 years, all from a well known dealer near Preston. Great caravans: great dealer.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I think that whatever make of caravan you buy you'll find the odd 'Friday afternoon lemon' with plenty of faults. If you're unfortunate enough to be the buyer of one it probably wouldn't matter what make it was, or who you bought it from. The main point of the original post was to say 'Persist with your complaint and don't be fobbed off' - which would apply to anyone who bought faulty goods of any sort, from anywhere.

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Well mine is a 1992 Lunar Clubman and I love it, quality and style in this old van is fantastic there is good and bad in all makes and models I am just glad the OP won his case, well done.

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
ken_374564897
Is it possible to get the case number (as it is now a public record)
I am having a similar issue with my new caravan that has serious damp and loads of build/quality issues.
Your case sets precedent in court.
Thanks

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Wreptile,from the postings it appears ken bought a motorhome so he is unlikely to visit here too often.If you request the mods,they might forward your email address to ken if his hasnt changed or you might trawl around the motorhome forums to see if he vsits those.
Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts