Faulty regulator ?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Am I correct in the belief the gas expansion would exasperate the cooling effect as per a fridge function making matters worse? Thank you for precise detailing above.Gary
I do not understand what your concern is. Can you try to explain it more carefully?

My comment only related to the function of the regulator and the pressure of the vaporised LPG in the gas pipework.

Reactions: toad a caravan
Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
No concerns just confirming my thoughts on the effect of the regulator becoming cooler due to it's way it functions..thanks Gary...during my many years of camping under canvas a wet towel covering items requiring cooling I found helped..first law of refrigeration ..evaporation ? 😊cheers again

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No concerns just confirming my thoughts on the effect of the regulator becoming cooler due to it's way it functions..thanks Gary...during my many years of camping under canvas a wet towel covering items requiring cooling I found helped..first law of refrigeration ..evaporation ? 😊cheers again
Ok. The effect I have related is not to do with the evaporation of the liquefied gas into vapour, as that has already taken place inside the gas cylinder. The vapour entering the regulator will be at cylinder pressure (which is temperature dependant) . The function of the regulator is restrict the flow of gas out of the regulator so its pressure in the subsequent pipe work is near constant. The amount of heat energy needed to expand the gas into the lower pressure system is quite small so the cooling effect will also be quite small and barely noticeable, if there is water in the air side of the regulator that is close to freezing.

The wet cloth cooling can be quite effective, provided the ambient humidity isn't too high.

Reactions: toad a caravan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts