Faulty Shower Door - Swift Challenger 570

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with the shower door on the above caravan? We flushed through all the pipes etc. yesterday in preparation for our first visit. Got the shower running but noticed when shutting the shower door that the magnetic strip running down length of door only works at the bottom but not at the top ... door looks almost warped? As the van has only been used by previous owners about 3 times, and shower does not look like it has ever been used I would appreciate your comments before we go back to where we bought it as it's under warrantee for a year.

Thanks. Lisa.

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi Lisa
We had a 570 and the magnectic strip failed completely. easly repaired, however if the door is warped that is another matter
Try posting this on Swift Talk.... you may get a better response as that forum is for mainly Swift owners and is managed by Swift employees

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lisa, never mind about Swift Talk!
Contact your dealer to let them know of the problem a.s.a.p. because if the door is warped (and it's not unknown) then the dealer will need to order the necessary part, probably a door, so that it can be replaced under warranty.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Parksy, that's what I said to do but my husband said to wait until we'd been away on 9th March ... I think it will take weeks to order new door if one needed so best to do it now! Hopefully all it will need is a strip but I think it will be the whole door. Lisa.
smiley-cry.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
As you will see from the 'Anne Widdecombe' thread Lisa, there can often be delays and mistakes when dealers order parts supplied under warranty so start as you mean to go on and accept no excuses or prevarication.
Hopefully your dealer is honest and helpful and of course it pays to be courteous and polite when doing business whilst at the same time ensuring that you get what you paid for.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, they've been nothing but brilliant so far as they stored the van for us since September last year foc and delivered it to us as we didn't have a tow car. We popped in a couple of times for advice and have bought things in their shop and have received a small discount. They seemed to be chuffed with our thank you card, so as you say, being courteous and thankful does have it's good points and I am confident they will continue with their good service when we contact them about the shower door ... fingers crossed!
smiley-wink.gif

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Our toilet door seems to 'move' - in hot weather it fits perfectly and closes easily. In cold weather, and in damp conditions, it appears to not fit as well and there are gaps in some places. Your OH may be right, and if you wait another month it may improve. However, if you want to use the shower then make sure you waterproof the floor outside in case it really is a problem and leaks. You don't want to have wet carpets on top of a warped door.
We never use our shower, so a less than perfect fit at certain times doesn't matter to us - but if you're a family, and going to use the shower fully then you need to make sure that the fit is waterproof.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
We had a 2009 Lunar Lexon which had an un-framed bi-fold shower door. During a really cold spell I went in to check that all was ok, and saw that the shower door was horribly warped, I mean horribly warped. Thinking the worst, I put it on the endless list of jobs to be sorted under warranty. However, when it warmed up, the door was straight again.
Can you put heat into the caravan and see if it sort itself out again?

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Will definitely put the heating on for a good long spell and see if that sorts the problem out. Didn't think of that. It may be a good idea to get a new magnetic strip just in case. It has been exceptionally cold as two small water bottles that were left in the sink (full) froze two weeks ago and were still frozen a week later as the outside temp was well below freezing! We are intending on using the shower at some point during our many stays this Spring/Summer. The door seals at the bottom but not at the top so will keep an eye on the 'seal' in case water comes out too. Many thanks all. Lisa.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually stood in the shower this weekend and pushed the door shut by pressing the magnetic strip from top to bottom and it appears to be OK at the moment! Perhaps this is the only way in which the door can be shut properly (from the inside?). Dealer quite happy to order new magnetic strip and/or new door so going to try to shower in it this weekend and see what happens ... I think it was us not realising it had to be closed from inside the shower????
smiley-sealed.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts