Faulty tail lights, but no one can find problem

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Side markers are classed like side lights which should not exceed 5W (filament bulbs) per fitting. Dont forget youwill also have the front maker lights

21W are for brake, and high intensity fog and reversing lights

Apr 30, 2023
Visit site
all lights that dont work are 5W... so thats only 30W per side... well within the towbar electrics spec.

Im going to claim on warranty, because i know the caravan is fine... its just been serviced... 3 days short of its 1 year guarantee period running out

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Reading this page from their web site makes no trailer sides with amber lights other than turn indicators. Side markers should be showing red to the rear and white to the front.

The only mention of amber is about side reflectors. not lights.
............amber side marker lights have been obligatory on trailers over 6 meters long since UK manufacturers conformed with EU regulations in around 2012.
They were then able to issue a certificate of conformity which enabled their products to be marketed in any EU member state.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
all lights that dont work are 5W... so thats only 30W per side... well within the towbar electrics spec.

Im going to claim on warranty, because i know the caravan is fine... its just been serviced... 3 days short of its 1 year guarantee period running out
I would agree that you appear to have a fault, however, I think your issue is who you claim from. The caravan checks out as OK, the car checks out as OK. (If I understand your posts correctly). So who will you claim from?

John

Apr 30, 2023
Visit site
I would agree that you appear to have a fault, however, I think your issue is who you claim from. The caravan checks out as OK, the car checks out as OK. (If I understand your posts correctly). So who will you claim from?

John
Exactly why it’s such a head scratcher.
I’m an electrician…. I should be able to work it out myself!!! Lol

The lights work from a test rig at the service engineers…. The car works when I use a trailer rather than the caravan…

It’s the combination of *this* car with *this* caravan.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
Recently had a similar problem. Multi meter proclaimed all circuits as good but no indicators.
Turned out the pins were not connecting properly as the female's had splayed out very slightly.
Went around the outside of them with a small screwdriver pushing them gently in and normal service was resumed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts