Feburary temperatures

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
We spend the winter down at La Manga in Spain and most days in February the weather is really good, you can be in shorts and t shirts from about 10.00am until 5pm. Sometimes it can be quite chilly at night and once the sun has gone down you will need a light fleece. I am looking at my calendar for February this year and some days were chilly and windy and we did have some days of rain but it is usually very pleasant much much better than in the UK where you would be sitting indoors with your heating on and possibly having to scrap the ice off your car in the mornings. I have never been to Portugal in February only for a one week package holidays quite a few years ago but it was sunny then although it can be very windy as it is on the atlantic.

Hope you have a good time.

Angela.

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
We go Portsmouth to Bilbao and drive straight down to La Manga these days but we onkly go by car and can drive down in 8 1/2 hours. You can stop half way at camp sites around madrid if you are towing a caravan. The year we went to Portugal first, we were in a motorhome and went from Bilbao to Salamanca then into the top of Portugal and stayed at Evora and then down to Turiscampo near Luz Bay. When heading towards La Manga after Portugal we went via Tarifa, Malaga and then on to La Manga. Depends on what you want to see on the way down, you can go through France and into Spain but if you are looking at cost it is just as well to get the Ferry Portsmouth to Bilbao because it can work out pretty well the same if not more by the time you pay fuel, tolls and camp sites. Hope you have a good time it will be the best thing you have done getting away from the UK winters and the cost of living is so much cheaper over there.

Angela

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Angela.

We have been told that both ferries to Spain will not be running during February so it looks like a long drive through France.

Looking back through old mail it seems that most folk travel down the west side of France. I would have thought the Rhone valley would be the shortest route. Perhaps there's a reason for this.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS