Feedback please Grange & Seaview, North East

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Gumbo,

If you're looking at Grange (Durham) it is perfectly situated just off the A1(M) and is a lovely little site with recently upgraded facilities.

It's ideal, either as a stopover or as a base for a lengthier visit to the NE.

It is walking distance from the Park & Ride into Durham and the only down side is a bit of Motorway noise that reaches the site occasionally (usually during busy periods).... Oh and the fact that I'm sometimes there, as I store my van there.

The wardens Graham and Cath and their assistants are amongst some of the friendliest I've met around the UK.

Let me know if you need any local info.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Thank you Valarie,Sheila, and Ken it was the North East. I need to go to North Sheilds for a couple of days on our way back to Scotland from Wales, and we also need to call in to Berwick for a look at Spittal and Tweedmouth ( ancestor thing ). I read that the site at Whitley Bay is in a bit of a run down area, but don't know !! It's been 40 years since I used to go to Tynemouth for the roller skating when we holidayed in the North East.

Thank's for your input

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gumbo,

Agree with Ken on the Grange comments; can get a bit of road noise, but the site is ideal for Durham (P+R and by walking along the riverside path)and is also a nice site as well.

Seaview - same applies; well located, good views over Berwick, only downside really is proximity to the East Coast mainline.

Neal

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Thank you Valarie,Sheila, and Ken it was the North East. I need to go to North Sheilds for a couple of days on our way back to Scotland from Wales, and we also need to call in to Berwick for a look at Spittal and Tweedmouth ( ancestor thing ). I read that the site at Whitley Bay is in a bit of a run down area, but don't know !! It's been 40 years since I used to go to Tynemouth for the roller skating when we holidayed in the North East.

Thank's for your input
Gumbo - not sure how the site at Whitley Bay crept into this, but if you mean the CC site at Old Hartley, then you're wrong. It sits near the coastal village of Seaton Sluice with views out over the North Sea and is a good base for visiting various areas of the North East coastline, Newcastle, etc. It's not the most scenic location, but I would think it's better situated than either Seaview or Grange. I live about 5 miles from the site, so have never stayed there but have walked past it on the coastal path many a time. The big static site at Whitley Bay, which also takes tourers, is a bit of a mess, but the CC site is fine.

TRENDING THREADS