Feedback

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how to remove the "feedback"tab that had suddenly appeared on the edge of my mobile phone screen when viewing the Practical Caravan forum. It follows me round everywhere and gets bigger when I zoom in. It's damned annoying. If I try to tap on it,to leave feedback, nothing happens.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I guess from the lack of response that either it can't be removed or nobody knows what I'm talking about. It wasn't there when I joined the forum and it covers up some of the text I'm trying to read. What's the point of a feedback tab that doesn't work. It's so annoying that it's putting me off visiting the site, which is a shame.

Anyway Merry Xmas to anyone who reads this.

Mike

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mike
I have no access to the feedback tag so unfortunately I can't move it or diminish it although I have had a go.
smiley-smile.gif

Apologies if the tag spoils your enjoyment of the forum, hopefully somebody from Haymarket will see this and realise that for some i phone users the tag is intrusive.
Merry Christmas and Happy Caravanning for the New Year

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi, untill I read this thread I had not noticed it
smiley-embarassed.gif
but I do use a notebook not a phone, besides its no more intrusive than the halfords popup I have had since opening Sprokets link, (and no) deleting all cookies has not got rid of it,
on the bright side at least I know what the latest bargains are, even if I have no intention of buying one.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Which web browser are you using Colin?
Most web browsers have automatic pop up blockers, make sure that yours is enabled via Tools>>Options
Another safe and effective way to remove adware is to download Malwarebytes
Disable System Restore before running Malwarebytes:
Go to Start >>Control
Panel >>System >>System Restore tab. Click the check box that says 'Disable System Restore'
Do a full scan of your computer using Malwarebytes and when the scan is done delete the entries that the software finds.
Reeboot after the procedure is finished and you have deleted the adware, spyware and malware.
This ought to get rid of the Halfords adware, if it doesn't give me a shout.

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Parksy. Yes it does spoil my enjoyment somewhat. Although I have a laptop most of my site visits are via my mobile. It wouldn't be so bad if it was positioned at the top of the site and remained there, better still if it actually worked so I could leave feedback about how annoying it was. I'm starting to sound like Scrooge now.

Merry Christmas

Mike

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The tab worked for me so I left feedback to say that the tab is intrusive for i-phone users, the website lacks an email topic tracking function and it lacks an off forum private message function,
Bah-Humbug!
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Parksy said:
Most web browsers have automatic pop up blockers, make sure that yours is enabled via Tools>>Options
Go to Start >>Control
Panel >>System >>System Restore tab. Click the check box that says 'Disable System Restore'
Do a full scan of your computer using Malwarebytes and when the scan is done delete the entries that the software finds.
Reeboot after the procedure is finished and you have deleted the adware, spyware and malware.

Colin
Have tried the link with my Blackberry playbook & Blackberry phone & neither are having problems...
As Parksy say's It will be malware that is causing your problem.
I now pay for the Malwarebytes as it catches & stops any problems before they escalate, when we got this new PC & within a month of starting to use with all of the upto date antivirus in place it started to do a few funny things, so i installed Malwarebytes freebie & ran the full scan it found two Trojans sat in the background, so the whole pc had to be re-formated to safely clear them.
We have not had any problems since doing the full re-install & putting malwarebytes in place ....

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Go to Start >>Control
hi Parksy, I use firefox, the popup blocker is on and all 3rd party cookies have been deleted and blocked,
trouble is I cannot delete all cookies and suspicious programs as I use a couple of poker sites that are interactive and the system sees them as malware, I am not clever enough to know which cookies and programs are which from the signitures on file, I did once clear the whole machine but none of the programs worked after that so I had to reinstall them, and lost all the data that they contained. I have tagged the programs with exeptions, in the internet suite and to a reasonable degree this has worked. its just that on occasion one slips through the net, I will get rid of it when I have a bit more time,
but seeing as I work for a large food supplier this is the busy time of year, plus I have a couple of major poker tournaments ongoing over the next few weeks and dont want to interfear with the running of these.
I have downloaded the program from the link, and will look at it later on,
thanks colin

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Colin..................... you could try this I find it works well with Firefox

MikeyW.................you could try changing the page style to no style in your browser menu bar.
You should find it by clicking the View button.
You may find this works better on a smaller screen......you can adjust the zoom to suit.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
thanks Gafferbill it's gone and so have all the other ad's, did not realise how many there were as you tend not to notice most of them exept the annoying ones like Halfords

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I've been noticing this annoying button for some time - and have asked the same question. I actually posted on the general forum, just a minute ago, but willl ask for that post to be deleted if it's possible.!

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I see it's still there then. Thanks Gafferbill for your suggestion but the browser on my mobile doesn't have a view button. I'm using Google Chrome mobile and it's limited to what can be changed. I have tried a different browser but to no avail. I guess I'll have to only visit this site on my laptop, which isn't very often I'm afraid. I don't understand why it has to follow me wherever I go, scrolling, reading different posts, why not have it as a fixed tab at the top of the home page.

Regards

Mike

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps the best thing for everybody to try would be to click on the Feedback tab and in the Problems box let the powers that be know that the blue tab is too big and gets in the way for phone browsers.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Irritating isn't the word for it! I tend to use my IPod for viewing the Forum and posting replies and to have the typing area blocked out by the irritating blue flag is frustrating. I'm now responding to it by giving the site low marks and reporting that the blue feedback flag is a damn nuisance. Interestingly it's not appearing here in the typing area.

TRENDING THREADS