Fenwicks and Auto glym

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Having collected our caravan from dealers late last year,its beeen in storage ever since.
Its going to be time soon to bring it home and give it a good clean outside.
Its obviously become a little grubby with the usual black streaks.
Would you recommend the Fenwicks for a good clean and then a good polish with Auto glym?

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi George and Ade
Certainly give it a good wash with Fenwicks its a good choice of wash and of course Autoglym for a good polish.
There are several methods vanners have usd for the removal of black streaks and it would seem that Mr Sheen is a good product to get them off.
Ours is a new van last year and I had the idea of this waterless wash and have used it on a small area as weather conditions yet arent best for cleaning but where I have used it especially on black streaks they have come off with ease.
If your van is getting on in years you could also use a traffic film remover for black streaks but I do advise a good wax after wards.
Sir Roger

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Fenwicks should get rid of black streaks ok. I dilute the Fenwicks with water as per the instructions in a spray bottle and spray it over the caravan before washing it down with clean water. For stubborn black streaks use Fenwicks neat with a cloth. Many caravanners use Autoglym and Swift use it on their caravans at the NEC show.
I prefer Meguiars Step 2 polish then Meguiars Step 3 carnauba wax to seal the surface so that I only have to polish once at the beginning of the year.
I rinse off with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler every time after the caravan is waxed, diluted in a spray bottle it keeps a nice shine on the caravan.
I have no connection with any of the products that I mentioned.

C4F

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi i use the care-avan range, wash with there shampoo and then use there polish i'll polish caravan once a year, these are brillant products. Then the rest of the time after i have used the care-avan shampoo i'll use the autoglym aqua wax you just spray it on while caravan is wet wipe over with one micro cloth let it dry then buff with another cloth again another brillant product which leaves you with a nice shiny caravan with minimum effort.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've never tried Care-a-Van's products, they seem a bit on the expensive side to me compared to the trusty old Fenwicks which can be bought anywhere. I've also used Muc Off which was also a bit pricey but great for cleaning the roof of the caravan.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Didn't we have a poster who called himself the Polish King and made a number of false claims regarding the product. Eventually I think he was banned from the forum due to misleading info. He claimed that if you did not use their products to clean a new Bailley caravan, the warranty on a new Bailey caravan would become void.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I think that was Care a van,on the website it says they are endorsed by Roam Swift group and Baileys I have always used Autoglym and it works well imho Their motorhome cleaner seems to get anything off and once its waxed the black streaks dont seem to form through the summer.The upholstery cleaner also keeps it looking good inside.Dont think Baileys endorse it but heyho it works for me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts