Ferries to Northern Ireland

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I wonder, can the ferry companies explain why they can transport you from Dover to Calais for less than £100.00, and yet, the similar distance to Belfast from Stranraer/Cairn Ryan is almost FOUR times the cost. As far as I can see Northern Ireland tourism is suffering at the hands of certain Ferry operators.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Thats nothing, I was quoted over £600 from Belfast to Birkenhead !!
Total rip off, but they know we will pay.
But can I just say, the ferries over to here may seem expensive, but the site fee`s are less than most English based sites, so swings and round-a-bouts.
Over here you have a pitch fee, regardless of numbers in the vans, and the scenery , and welcome is second to none
smiley-wink.gif
smiley-cool.gif

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Anthony about the prices of ferries we usually travel Dublin to Holyhead and its nearly £500. The prices on the mainland are much more expensive than Northern Ireland. For us travelling to the mainland together with the site prices it does add up, but to anyone who is thinking of coming to Northern Ireland you will find the people lovely and lots of great places to visit. Olive

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Anthony about the prices of ferries we usually travel Dublin to Holyhead and its nearly £500. The prices on the mainland are much more expensive than Northern Ireland. For us travelling to the mainland together with the site prices it does add up, but to anyone who is thinking of coming to Northern Ireland you will find the people lovely and lots of great places to visit. Olive

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Apart from the fact that it is twice the diastance and nowhere near as many people want to go there, I haven't got a clue.

Steve W

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Seems the "Irish" shipping lines are extremely busy,so i suppose they can charge how they feel.When i was using it regular last year and booking through a big Irish haulier im quite sure it worked out £100 per metre.Was an 8hr crossing from L.pool to Dublin in the night,not on the fastcat.Quite a distance,and alot further than the channel so perhaps thats why.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts