Fiamma Caravanstore Roll-out Sunshade

Oct 29, 2006
Visit site
I've been looking at buying a Rollout Sunshade and I've seen the Fiamma version.

Does anyone have any opions on them?

Are they a good buy?

How secure are they?

Can they be easily stolen from the side of your caravan when in storage?

How good are they in windy weather? Or is it better to roll it up when its a bit windy?

Thanks in advance

Alan

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a fiama sunshade worth every penny this weekend in the sun ! i have to take mine off to get the van down by side of house, It could easly be removed or pinched as my work mates was in storage better to remove if leaveing van in storage.

SBS

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
They are easy to remove with 2 people(5 minutes). The canopy alone is not recommended in high winds but the Caravanstore Zip with sides and front can stand it. We have a 3.6m on our 2002 Eccles Onyx which we have used in all weathers.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wouldnt bother waste of time/money for all the amount of shade they provide its not worth it. Some people leave them on the awning rail all the time but I dont think all that weight hanging off the awning rail for long periods is good for the seal - Cant wait to get rid of mine used once.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
These were discussed in the June edition of the Caravan Club Magazine. Apparently you should NOT leave these on for towing! They can put a strain on the structure of the van, and can decrease the towing stability. Also if you have a wider caravan (such as an Adria) they can take the width of the caravan beyond what is legal to tow with a car/4x4 in the UK. The magazine also mentioned that towing with one of these fitted would render the warranties on UK caravans null.

Also I was at a CC Rally a couple of weeks back. Two vans had these fitted. It got a little bit windy during the Friday night and the Fiamma shade got ripped on one of the vans. However having benefited from a sun shade on a Motor Home in the past I don't agree with STEVE, they can be very useful to allow those with fair skin to sit out with out having to worry about sun block etc.

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I have the Fiamma fitted into my awning rail ALL THE TIME. Load of poppycock in the CC mag - we need proof & justification for their conclusion not just following ultra conservative and biased views from manufacturers. Last year my full awning went through gale force 8-9 storms and that would have certainly put far more strain on the awning channel than a sun shade!!

The Fiamma is easy to put up in five minutes particularly good for "Touring" holidays when you do not want hassle of main awning. I have tied down kit for the bit of a blow type gusts but easy to roll up and put away in five minutes if weather forecast looks dodgy.

Go for it they are excellent - for their intended purpose.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I started off with the Fiamma Caravan Store and thought it was great. I have since bought the Zip version which allows front and sides to be ziped in making it into a full awning. We have toured all round Europe with this in all weathers and it is much easier to put up than a traditional awning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a 3.1m caravan store for six years now, used mainly long stay in spain. Excellent product and much more sturdy in winds if you use an awning tie-down strap. The Fiamma rafters are quite difficult to use if you are at all arthritic as they have to be rotated one within the other to lok, at the same time as trying to keep them stretched out tight. I've changed mine for clothes line props from a market (

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Wouldnt bother waste of time/money for all the amount of shade they provide its not worth it. Some people leave them on the awning rail all the time but I dont think all that weight hanging off the awning rail for long periods is good for the seal - Cant wait to get rid of mine used once.
Bailey reckon one of these would invalidate the warranty on our new van :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts