FIAMMA CARAVANSTORE ZIP - LOW AWNING RAIL

Jul 9, 2005
Visit site
We want to get a Fiamma Caravanstore Zip Awning but they all come advertised as 250cm rail height. We have a caravan that has rail height of 235cm. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions whether it does really fit and if the advertised height is just approximate?

Advice welcome

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Re the fiamma caravanstore awning. We have one and I think you have misunderstood the 250mm. That is how far the awning extends from your van. It has the normal extending legs to vary the height.

Well worth having ~ much quicker and easier than a full awning, particularly when a sunshade is all that is required for hot weather.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris as I read it you are right about the 250cm but if you look on www.fiammauk.com you will see under Caravanstore Zip the asterisk which links to the rider "10 cm either way " re the height.That leaves you with 5cm to worry about.The mud wall folds over the ground a lot anyway so I can not see that you will have a problem.Levelling blocks on each side should not be needed !!

We got ours two weeks ago from Frontier Leisure at

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
We have a Fiamma Zip, which we prefer to a normal awning, but we cannot tuck the mud flaps inside the awning because of the pegs being inside, so we have to leave them outside, flat on the ground. This looks untidy. How does anyone cope with the flaps?

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Chris,

Hilda has it - both the leg rails which come out of the roller tube are extendable or in your case retractable 2.25 will be no problem as I've seen a caravan store on a smaller van than that.

Shop around for the best price though. We've had one and there an excellent bit of kit

Regards Monkeys husband

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would suggest that you think very carefuly before buying a Fiamma. I had one and they are very flimsy. We've had ours over a year (critical that!!) and last weekend one of the legs broke. Same thing happened to two of my friends. Replacement cost is not far off a new awning. There is also the risk that the awning damages the side of the 'van when it collapses. Another friend suffered damage to the side of his 'van when the awnining was rolled up and in transit due to it bouncing against the side of the van. I have also been advised by a caravan repairer that if the awning is not fitted properly, the awning can slide back and forth in the awning channel when stowed and in transit. He gave one example of paint being rubbed of the side of the van just below the awning rail.

Isabella make what appears to be a must better canopy for around

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Caravanstore is pre programmed to lie on the van roof with legs akimbo waiting for its tummy to be tickled.

It is essential that it is pegged and guyed down as soon as it's put up.

I use the cheap ratchet straps in the keyhole slots on the front frame.

We had this problem 5 years ago but have trained the caravanstore to be more obedient.

We now have the old one on one side of the van and a new "Zip" on the other side to ensure plenty of shade and being on opposite sides of the van no fraternisation occurs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would suggest that you think very carefuly before buying a Fiamma. I had one and they are very flimsy. We've had ours over a year (critical that!!) and last weekend one of the legs broke. Same thing happened to two of my friends. Replacement cost is not far off a new awning. There is also the risk that the awning damages the side of the 'van when it collapses. Another friend suffered damage to the side of his 'van when the awnining was rolled up and in transit due to it bouncing against the side of the van. I have also been advised by a caravan repairer that if the awning is not fitted properly, the awning can slide back and forth in the awning channel when stowed and in transit. He gave one example of paint being rubbed of the side of the van just below the awning rail.

Isabella make what appears to be a must better canopy for around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts