Fiamma caravanstore zip question

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
We just bought a new to us caravan which came with a Caravanstore zip with privacy sides / front. The instructions warn against leaving it up in rain or wind, which seems crazy if having assembled it a heavy shower of rain arrives, or it has to be dismantled every night , which I've seen recommended.

I'd appreciate knowing what people find in reality, are they OK in reasonable wind and rain?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Fiamma roll out blinds handle rain without a problem. But are not great in the wind but can handle a good breeze tied down well. A couple of years ago in Germany my brother went out for the day and there was a storm. On return, driving through the site many awnings were down so they expected the worst. But theirs was fine.

With the sides all in though it should react like any other awning. That’s just my opinion.

Anything else is illogical.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Fiamma roll out blinds handle rain without a problem. But are not great in the wind but can handle a good breeze tied down well. A couple of years ago in Germany my brother went out for the day and there was a storm. On return, driving through the site many awnings were down so they expected the worst. But theirs was fine.

With the sides all in though it should react like any other awning. That’s just my opinion.

Anything else is illogical.

John
i have been looking at the Fiamma with great interest .and what they are like in rain and wind just in case it a option for us

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We just bought a new to us caravan which came with a Caravanstore zip with privacy sides / front. The instructions warn against leaving it up in rain or wind, which seems crazy if having assembled it a heavy shower of rain arrives, or it has to be dismantled every night , which I've seen recommended.

I'd appreciate knowing what people find in reality, are they OK in reasonable wind and rain?
Would you keep us updated how you get on this item thanks (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts