Fiat Ducato Engine Management Light

May 1, 2015
Visit site
My 2014 Ducato engine management light has come on during it's first run after no use since Nov last year.
There's no loss of power or performance. My local garage (who service various vehicles in including motorhomes and commercials) seem to think it's a diesel particulate filter problem after having had a chat with Fiat direct. However, that can be really costly to replace.
Of course, this had to happen after the warranty has expired !
Any ideas ?

ADDITION: For your info (a lesson to be learned here) there was absolutely nothing wrong with the vehicle. It turned out to be a faulty sensor.

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Our 2012 Ducati shows and engine management light when one of the tyre pressures is slightly low, mainly after standing for a few weeks.
It's not in the Ducati book either.

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Our management light came on and garage reset it after establishing it was coming from the DPF. It only stayed off for a few hours and only came on on an engine restart. I've bought myself an analyser to avoid another £42 reset charge. Our Burstner/Ducato is 5 years old and might not have any system for self cleaning the filter so I'm just going to to try the recommended high revs for 10-15mins. Apparently a lot of us are chasing good mpg and not getting the exhaust system hot enough occasionally.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts