Fiat Ducato Fuel Filter

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
I have a Hobby 750 motorhome with a 3 litre engine on a 57 plate. The fuel filter has sprung a leak twice and I’ve lost a tank full of fuel all over the road!
I understand there is a metal replacement fuel filter available and would appreciate any information on where to obtain this fuel filter, whether it is a straight forward replacement and the part number if there is one.
Grateful for any help.

Hobbyt600

BANNED
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Fiat Ducato ‘X250’ vehicles (built from mid-2011-onwards) and ‘X290’ Ducatos (built from mid-2014-onwards) have a disposable metal fuel-filter, but Ducato ‘X250’ vehicles (built from mid-2006 to mid-2011) like yours all had a filter comprising a replaceable filter-cartridge inside a plastic housing that has gained an unenviable reputation for leakage.

Replacing a Ducato X250’s plastic fuel-filter with the later metal filter is not possible. Your realistic choices are either to replace the cartridge in the plastic housing and hope that the filter housing does not leak afterwards, or fit a brand-new housing with the cartridge pre-installed. (Available via ebay for about £85)

Advice from Dave Newell on replacing the filter cartridge on this video-clip

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5auG60xzWOk

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts