Field end water caravan park Doddington Cambridgeshire

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This is our second option.
We are thinking off going away for a week in November has anyone been to this site its says it Adults only and the reviews are great
Looking at the images it looks like it rural just making sure that the case wanted a quiet place for our two dogs with it been bonfire and fireworks on the arrival day .
Have already checked at the site there is no fireworks display going on .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This is our second option.
We are thinking off going away for a week in November has anyone been to this site its says it Adults only and the reviews are great
Looking at the images it looks like it rural just making sure that the case wanted a quiet place for our two dogs with it been bonfire and fireworks on the arrival day .
Have already checked at the site there is no fireworks display going on .
I’m totally confused now. I thought you were going to a site near Malvern at Castlemorton recommended by Buckman and given good feedback by Hutch.

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I was there a few years ago in summer. Weather was roasting at ~32C. Many go just for the fishing, there's a large lake just outside the site. There's also a separate CL adjacent.
We had a stunning tropical rainstorm while there that flooded our awning with biblical quantities of rain. Had to dig a little ditch to drain the awning!
Site was fine and is pretty rural - not much in the immediate area, a so-so pub a short drive away.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I was there a few years ago in summer. Weather was roasting at ~32C. Many go just for the fishing, there's a large lake just outside the site. There's also a separate CL adjacent.
We had a stunning tropical rainstorm while there that flooded our awning with biblical quantities of rain. Had to dig a little ditch to drain the awning!
Site was fine and is pretty rural - not much in the immediate area, a so-so pub a short drive away.
Thanks for the information i also be putting my pole in for fishing :)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
From memory the lake is rectangular and not wonderfully attractive. It has it's own car park and is open to non residents. I also have a vague memory of a smaller pool at the top of the site, could be wrong though.
Have a good time when you go. There's another site just a handful of miles away that's quite good, name escapes me for the moment.
We're off to Buxton CC on Saturday - just as the weather turns. Will be taking my thermals and waterproofs!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
From memory the lake is rectangular and not wonderfully attractive. It has it's own car park and is open to non residents. I also have a vague memory of a smaller pool at the top of the site, could be wrong though.
Have a good time when you go. There's another site just a handful of miles away that's quite good, name escapes me for the moment.
We're off to Buxton CC on Saturday - just as the weather turns. Will be taking my thermals and waterproofs!
looking at there website they have waterside pitches now and it looks good have a nice at time at buxton when you go :)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
There are now 3 lakes on the site. One is fairly natural looking, the second is football-pitch shape and size. The very recent one has about 20 caravan pitches around a figure-of-eight shape.
It's a very rural area, a mile or so from Doddington, which has a reasonable eating pub. March is the nearest town, about 4 miles away. We usually eat at the Acre pub, but there are several others including a Wethers.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There are now 3 lakes on the site. One is fairly natural looking, the second is football-pitch shape and size. The very recent one has about 20 caravan pitches around a figure-of-eight shape.
It's a very rural area, a mile or so from Doddington, which has a reasonable eating pub. March is the nearest town, about 4 miles away. We usually eat at the Acre pub, but there are several others including a Wethers.
That very interesting when we go next year i be taking my fishing rod thanks for the information :)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts