First aid kits for your caravan holidays!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We use one that we have taken to Bhutan and India a few times. It includes sharps too. I supplement it with dental repair kits as well. But a problem that arises is that quite a number of the items are life limited and need replacing. So as bits become out of date they just get replaced from the chemists.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid ours came with a Vauxhall car and I am not sure which one. It must be at least 16 years old and has never been used. I really should look at seeing what is in and what needs adding or replacing.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I am not sure of the average lifespan of a First Aid kit which makes us wonder if it is worth buying the relatively expensive Best Buy kit. We have carried a First Aid kit in the car for the past several years and the only accident we have come across, it was not capable of helping with the injuries. In addition, neither of us are trained in First Aid.
here is another source for First Aid kits. https://www.spservices.co.uk/browse/FirstAidKits_25_0_0_de_12.html

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Buckman said:
I am not sure of the average lifespan of a First Aid kit which makes us wonder if it is worth buying the relatively expensive Best Buy kit. We have carried a First Aid kit in the car for the past several years and the only accident we have come across, it was not capable of helping with the injuries. In addition, neither of us are trained in First Aid.
here is another source for First Aid kits. https://www.spservices.co.uk/browse/FirstAidKits_25_0_0_de_12.html

The lifespan is governed by the expiry dates of the various items within the kit. Most items will show the expiry date. We change alcohol wipes annually but sterile dressings only when they reach the expiry date, and other items similarly. Ours originated as one for tropical countries which may not have western standards for sterile needles so ours has a range of sharps too but they get removed in UK, Europe and anywhere where we got to with western medical standards. I’ve found the most useful bits have been dental repair kits and blister kits. The rest just seems to get rotated.

TRENDING THREADS