First Caravan

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Always had motor homes but have decided to try a caravan. Just bought a 2000 Elddis Jetstream, nice van and bone dry. Looking to get away as soon as poss but i would like to put new wheel bearings in as i do not know when they where last done. Does anyone know the size i will require or will i have to strip the old ones out to get the size....
Any help and tips would be great.
Thanks
Mo

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Always had motor homes but have decided to try a caravan. Just bought a 2000 Elddis Jetstream, nice van and bone dry. Looking to get away as soon as poss but i would like to put new wheel bearings in as i do not know when they where last done. Does anyone know the size i will require or will i have to strip the old ones out to get the size....
Any help and tips would be great.
Thanks
Mo
Welcome to the Forum. We had a Eldiss Gulfstream 2 berth in the mid 90s. Lovely caravan and the height of sophistication as it even had its own separate shower cubicle. Great for very coats and wellies too.

Reactions: legionnaire

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The wheel bearings are pressed into the hub of the wheels and unless there is play in them or they make a grinding noise there is no need to replace them.
Also you would have to have a torque wrench capable of tightening the new hub nuts to 290Nm.
Size depends on what the hub size is and the id number of the hubs.

Reactions: legionnaire
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum when you check the wheel bearings also check date on tyres for perishing and date as caravan tyres don't really show signs of wear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts