First experience of an EV.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
After 18 months of research cogitation and asking, I‘ve gone for it.
I have converted my Mountain bike to an EV bike.
48V 22.5 AH Li battery. Five hour recharge , The cells are amazing. Panasonic , loads of them the size of an AA battery.
Centrally mounted motor 250 watt ( street legal, bigger are available😉😉)
Range approx 40 miles, using pedal assist. 25 on pure E.
The built in safety factors are amazing
Touch the brakes and the sensors cut the motor. Like wise the gear change.
All Chinese of course , bought from an EV bike shop in Exeter, but very professionally assembled and put together kit leaving nothing to chance.
Max speed 15mph without pedal assist. Doubt that will be used, defeats the point.
Taken me four slow days . No instructions , just vids on you tube, mostly NZ and an amazing lady in Oz , Rev becca. She runs an EV bike shop in Victoria Aus.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
After 18 months of research cogitation and asking, I‘ve gone for it.
I have converted my Mountain bike to an EV bike.
48V 22.5 AH Li battery. Five hour recharge , The cells are amazing. Panasonic , loads of them the size of an AA battery.
Centrally mounted motor 250 watt ( street legal, bigger are available😉😉)
Range approx 40 miles, using pedal assist. 25 on pure E.
The built in safety factors are amazing
Touch the brakes and the sensors cut the motor. Like wise the gear change.
All Chinese of course , bought from an EV bike shop in Exeter, but very professionally assembled and put together kit leaving nothing to chance.
Max speed 15mph without pedal assist. Doubt that will be used, defeats the point.
Taken me four slow days . No instructions , just vids on you tube, mostly NZ and an amazing lady in Oz , Rev becca. She runs an EV bike shop in Victoria Aus.
Picture please? (preferably with 'jockey' aboard!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Clive.
My 18 month research revealed a number of very interesting factors.
Dont buy a ready built EV. Less than £2500 the bike is not really strong enough imo. Wheel Mounted motors are not the best long term solution.
There are varying power outputs available but the Law says mine is 250 W. Upto 1000W is available. Downside is it will eat the battery reserves. Mine is intended for “pedal assist” .
The additional weight is under 15 kgs but maybe just too much to stick it in the caravan for transit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts