First holiday in a tourer (as an adult)

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Our initiation begins 1st April for a week. Anything I, my wife and two young kids should watch out for, essential bits of advice, tips, essential kit, can't do withouts appreciated.

We will not be towing this time, just going to site and figuring it all out. Towing is later in the year.

Any tips at all gratefully received, from the best way to cool a 6 pack to how to dry a bathroom rapidly to how to get the flies out oif the double glazing.

The one about the washing up liquid on the windows, I know about from a boating holiday.

Thanks.

DB

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I think the use of washing up liquid is when you get on site you can wash off all the dead squashed flies, etc., much more easily. There again, perhaps I am wrong! No doubt we will hear from forum members on this one, just for a correction.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Jack. Taken on board what you said. I never really thought it a good idea and my hubby never used it. Cling film is better. Just peel it off along with all the dross collected during the journey.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann you have raised quite a good point ,Re cling film.We have lots of wide comercial rolls of the stuff .

I have often toyed with the idea of using it on the front windows /as you sugested But does it have any adverse effects on th plastic windows???. Im sure some one on here will know.

By the way we use cardboard in the windows while in storage to save the springs on the blinds .If you have kids you could get them to draw pictures on the cardboard .

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi coljac

We have only used this once so the windows didn't seem affected. However, it was only on the window for a max of 2 hours before being removed when setting up on site.

Like you, I would like more information on this.

TRENDING THREADS